Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The market for lens mount adapters is booming. You have to sell stocks of camera companies and buy stock of Metabone and Novoflex. Just do a search of lens mount adapters on amazon, I get 106 pages of adapters !!!

10-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If all else fails, back to my Program Plus and 645.
Isn't film doomed, too? But I suppose the worst of the bloodletting has already decimated the film industry.

When the extraterrestrial invasion comes and they bombard us with x-rays, it will ruin your film. Earth is DOOOOMED.
10-02-2018, 11:53 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Has anyone noticed that, in all this confusion, pinhole cameras are alive and well, and showing no signs of disappearing? Essentially brand-agnostic, with no proprietary mount to worry about. I think the designer was onto something...
Among photographers, there will always d'fraction who love diffraction.

Users' Motto: "Pinhole lenses are for those that don't want a pain in the glass."
10-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Isn't film doomed, too? But I suppose the worst of the bloodletting has already decimated the film industry.

When the extraterrestrial invasion comes and they bombard us with x-rays, it will ruin your film. Earth is DOOOOMED.
We'll all have to wear lead over our privates, just to keep reproducing. That will produce a boom in the lead lined jock strap industry. Invest in it now while stock prices are low.

10-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #20
Pentaxian

My Pentax S1a which I bought new in 1968, along with a $ 10 Sekonic light meter...still work. My 1951 Leica and it's even older collapsible Leitz lens...still work. I'm hoping my 11 year old K10D digital continues to work as long as my old Leica.. If it does, I'd be good.... digital camera wise.... when I'm 135 years old.

I'm feeling optimistic about both the K10D and me.
10-02-2018, 12:42 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh’s evil Plan Revealed.

Lay low and say nothing until competition decimates each other. Pick up pieces and dominate world. You WILL be happy, Pentaxians.
10-02-2018, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ricoh’s evil Plan Revealed.

Lay low and say nothing until competition decimates each other. Pick up pieces and dominate world. You WILL be happy, Pentaxians.
A buddy of mine used to win playing cards, hearts, that way. Until we realized that even though he was meek, mild mannered and quiet, we still had to stick him with the black queen every now and then.

10-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We'll all have to wear lead over our privates, just to keep reproducing. That will produce a boom in the lead lined jock strap industry. Invest in it now while stock prices are low.
The bombardment will happen from above. Our heads and torsos will provide insulation. The tinfoil hat wearers can add a layer of lead to protect what little brains they have.
10-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
The bombardment will happen from above. Our heads and torsos will provide insulation. The tinfoil hat wearers can add a layer of lead to protect what little brains they have.
All you'll need for an x-ray is to lie flat on the ground on a sheet of x-ray sensitive film,, dump your X-ray machine stocks. People will be doing X-rays in their back yards whenever they feel like it.

Last edited by normhead; 10-02-2018 at 01:18 PM.
10-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wonderful satire, Beholder.

'Moan and bitch' is a curious attitude that won't get anyone far in business, sport, family or art.

But we see it all the time.

10-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I edited the post. Olympus is doomed now as well.
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Added some amount of cackling to the initial post.
Hilarious! "Double-doomed." Or is it 'doomed-squared'? I guess either way, it's worse than a single doom.
10-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Hilarious! "Double-doomed." Or is it 'doomed-squared'? I guess either way, it's worse than a single doom.
Unless of course, being doomed is like infinity, you can't be more doomed, or the doomedest. You can only be doomed.

One of the most famous Canadian sports quote.

An announcer doing a football game trying to say one of the kickers was better than the other,

He said "_______ is the bestest.... I mean he's more better."
10-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Steve
10-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^ Oh no... Gloom AND Doom ?
10-02-2018, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian