Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by macman24054 Quote
That is why I never drink at a wedding I am shooting.
Supposedly someone spiked the non alcoholic punch. Not unheard of.

11-30-2018, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Supposedly someone spiked the non alcoholic punch.
That would be my story as well
11-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not unheard of, but given that (1) she had a bottle of Xanax in her pocket, (2) the deputies reported that she smelled strongly of alcohol, (3) Xanax and alcohol are known to have pretty dramatic interactions, each enhancing the effects of the other, and (4) they can cause irritability and angry or violent outbursts not inconsistent with her behavior in the police car, does it seem more likely that someone spiked her drink and she didn't smell/taste the alcohol, or that she did it herself by mixing Xanax and alcohol, not knowing or underestimating the effects?
11-30-2018, 08:22 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This girls' a regular workaholic. Photographer, model..

When does the poor girl find time to sleep, or participate in photography blogs?

12-01-2018, 12:46 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I don't see this hurting her modeling career much. Models are almost expected to have substance abuse problems. It may not hurt her photography career either.
I wouldn't be so flippant about it. It does create problems when a model gets arrested for possession of a controlled substances, or driving under the influence en route to a photoshoot - that has happened several times to me [and my colleagues] with models. It is kind of embarrassing for all involved when it happens and causes annoying and expensive delays to projects.
12-01-2018, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It's not unheard of, but given that (1) she had a bottle of Xanax in her pocket, (2) the deputies reported that she smelled strongly of alcohol, (3) Xanax and alcohol are known to have pretty dramatic interactions, each enhancing the effects of the other, and (4) they can cause irritability and angry or violent outbursts not inconsistent with her behavior in the police car, does it seem more likely that someone spiked her drink and she didn't smell/taste the alcohol, or that she did it herself by mixing Xanax and alcohol, not knowing or underestimating the effects?
Or option 3... She got a spiked drink which started her lowered inhibitions and reduced her capacity for rational decisions, then took a drink or five after that. No way for us armchair Quarterbacks to know at this point. I'm willing to think it isn't cut and dry, until it is clearer.
12-01-2018, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
She should stick to modelling. That sort of behaviour is more accepted, based on what I've read on Model Mayhem.
Seriously though, it's hard to know what caused things to go sideways, but odds are she wasn't aware of what Xanax and alcohol do when used in combination until it was too late.
Side story:
Years ago I worked in a photo lab in Calgary. We had a very steady client who was primarily a boudoir/ glamour photographer. One Monday he brought us a pile of film from a wedding he had shot. It was quite hilarious. He turned out to be a very talented wedding photographer, but there were also a dozen rolls of film he had shot at some point during the day of each of the bridesmaids in various states of undress.

---------- Post added 12-01-18 at 08:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
A few very minor glimpses of her photography are on Instagram. Oddly she appears to have used both Canon and Nikon in a relatively short period of time.
She must be a DPReview reader as well.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 12-01-2018 at 07:56 AM.
12-01-2018, 08:14 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Or option 3... She got a spiked drink which started her lowered inhibitions and reduced her capacity for rational decisions, then took a drink or five after that. No way for us armchair Quarterbacks to know at this point. I'm willing to think it isn't cut and dry, until it is clearer.
Or you could "reek of alcohol" from having a drink spilled on you. What matters is the blood alcohol content which could have been well under the limit however with the interaction of the medication her behavior could be impaired. We only have the news article to go by which doesn't have much in the way of evidence or statements from witnesses. As you say, not enough to really go by except wild speculation.

12-01-2018, 11:17 AM - 3 Likes   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Or option 3... She got a spiked drink
The only evidence of that is that she says she didn't feel well, which is equally explained by simple Xanax/alcohol interaction, and there is evidence that both were present. I think Hanlon's razor applies. ("Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.") I doubt we will get any more on this story - it probably would have died on the first day if she were overweight and homely.
12-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #40
Pentaxian

I think Hanlon's razor applies.
It applies to many areas of life.

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
...at some point during the day of each of the bridesmaids in various states of undress.
One would presume consent was given before he took those photos...otherwise things could have gotten litigious.

Last edited by Digitalis; 12-01-2018 at 08:08 PM.
12-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only evidence of that is that she says she didn't feel well, which is equally explained by simple Xanax/alcohol interaction, and there is evidence that both were present. I think Hanlon's razor applies. ("Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.") I doubt we will get any more on this story - it probably would have died on the first day if she were overweight and homely.
Good, common sense, analysis. I thought all the mocking was a bit over done.
12-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #42
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
It applies to many areas of life.

One would presume consent was given before he took those photos...otherwise things could have gotten litigious.
Well duh.
12-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #43
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

As story, it's click bait.
12-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
As story, it's click bait.
Well, I willingly took the bait. I mean, who doesn't like a story with pictures of an attractive woman (mug shot not included) in a bikini, who goes rogue, has sex with a stranger and gets arrested for creating a public disturbance? The fact that she bills herself as a professional photographer and procured her notoriety while hired out as a wedding photographer is just icing on the cake, especially with this crowd.