Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2018, 03:42 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is why I never drink at a wedding I am shooting.

11-30-2018, 03:50 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macman24054 Quote
That is why I never drink at a wedding I am shooting.
Haven't 'put the hard word' on a bridesmaid then 'used' a pot plant in the hallway? Well done, Macman, you're ahead of this tog … you can now pick up all her business. She won't be working again.
11-30-2018, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Haven't 'put the hard word' on a bridesmaid
Now i would not be truthful if I said there were some bridesmaids that I would (off the clock of course).
11-30-2018, 04:47 AM   #19

dang i miss all he good weddings...and havent any of you peed on a tree

11-30-2018, 05:14 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
In a statement the venue said the incident “occurred privately between two vendors unaffiliated with our venue”.

“Police officers handled the matter discreetly — no guests were involved or disturbed from celebrating the couple in any way,” The Springs Event Venue said.
11-30-2018, 05:32 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macman24054 Quote
Now i would not be truthful if I said there were some bridesmaids that I would (off the clock of course).
(Laughs)

11-30-2018, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'd say that is a fair call, getting intimately involved with a guest when you are working on someone else's coin definitely crosses the line for professional behavior. Don't get me wrong, I have taken photos at events when more than slightly inebriated*, but when I'm doing work for paying clients - I abstain from alcohol, and no matter how attractive the models may be, I keep it in my pants.
That's for sure was not professional. I would say even trashy (yes, I said that), unless she was really the victim, and someone altered her drink. The lack of her professional portfolio does not help either, was it her first job, if she really a pro, or wanna be a wedding photographer.

I also just wonder if she was so wasted, what about that guy (or two??) who took advantage of her if she obviously was acting so weird?

11-30-2018, 07:30 AM   #23

What are some of the symptoms of intoxication? Lowered inhibitions and impaired judgement? All apparent in her behavior. The drinks being spiked or laced with alcohol or even something more nefarious is plausible. One of Hollywood's cliches whenever there is a party with a punch bowl somebody is going to be shown lacing it with alcohol. At least it wasn't rat poison as in a recent episode of Criminal Minds.

I don't see this hurting her modeling career much. Models are almost expected to have substance abuse problems. It may not hurt her photography career either.

Mel Gibson is a different story.

Wasn't Capa's Rule "If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough"? I guess she got close to one of her subjects.
11-30-2018, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
was it her first job, if she really a pro, or wanna be a wedding photographer.
According to the NY Post (who put more work into this story than the other publishers), her photography business has a website, using the same "professional" name that she uses for advertising her modeling services (Max McIntyre). There doesn't appear to be a mob of former clients stepping up to discuss her photographic skills, but that doesn't necessarily mean this was her first wedding gig.

My take is that we weirdos have you outnumbered, but most of the time social pressure keeps our more outrageous proclivities from escaping the bottle. Plus, I'm far too unattractive to draw the same kind of attention as Ms. Mehta did.
11-30-2018, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Articles tell that it was the off duty sheriff who worked there as a security, and he found her having sex with someone, and tried to remove her out of venue. That's how it started.
I can't find anything to say whether the "someone" was asked to leave as well, but there would have been no story if she had left when asked (although I am not ruling out her version of events, and it doesn't sound like she was in any condition to drive).

Btw, I did not find her professional website.
A Google image search for "max mcintyre photography" suggests that her Facebook page is her professional site.
11-30-2018, 08:00 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Her FB page is not available any more. Now I'm even more curious to see her work as a wedding photographer.

Perhaps soon it will be more details in that story.
11-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
her Facebook page is her professional site.
For a surprising number of real businesses, a Facebook page qualifies as a professional website.
11-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Her FB page is not available any more. Now I'm even more curious to see her work as a wedding photographer.

Perhaps soon it will be more details in that story.
A few very minor glimpses of her photography are on Instagram. Oddly she appears to have used both Canon and Nikon in a relatively short period of time.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 11-30-2018 at 08:51 AM.
11-30-2018, 08:48 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
For a surprising number of real businesses, a Facebook page qualifies as a professional website.
There is one wedding and family photographer in my FB friends list who is really good, and very professional, she's been doing weddings for long time. She has two separate accounts, one is for friends, and another her pro page only as a supplement to offline, she is well known in her area. I don't see the reason why she should spend extra money for creating and maintaining the separate website. Everyone has own business approach.

---------- Post added 11-30-18 at 08:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
A few very minor glimpses of her photography are on Instagram. Oddly she appears to have used both Canon and Nikon inn a relatively short period of time.
Yes, with google search I can't find proven track of her wedding photography. Even her FB is down, is should be something outside FB. Not much.

If she is a victim, I feel for her. It must be terrible when the whole world is laughing at you...
11-30-2018, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
A few very minor glimpses of her photography are on Instagram. Oddly she appears to have used both Canon and Nikon in a relatively short period of time.
Let us know when she buys a Pentax and joins the forum.