Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
And it "is insane" to spend 4-digit numbers of money on electronic toys which only produce bits and bytes and you have to spend hours to get to the real image and invest more to print it. A huge PITA. The results then are not better in any meaningful way. The memory of the fun moment will not be any better, just because it has 1600 lines/mm.
I point my Pentax KP + 55-300mm PLM lens out the window, press the shutter button, move the memory to my computer, copy the image to my smart phone, and five minutes after I saw squirrels frolicking in our backyard, I have shared what I saw with my daughters, who are several hundred miles away. Where is the "hours" of time, and why would I ever print the results? I have printed fewer than 10 images since I switched to digital 11 years ago. At very best, with any "instant" camera I could share an inferior photo with them only if I added a "scan the photo" step and perhaps found myself spending those extra "hours" you mentioned removing dust, hairs, and other defects.

12-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Sure that was an unfair comparison and the D500 certainly is a fail in the marketplace as shown by its very poor sales figures. I used it as a pointer to how internet forum speak is far away from facts. Hype and spec sheets does not equal quality or market success.
What makes you think the D500 is a market failure???
What facts say that your words are not just more of the "forum speak" that you just criticized?????
12-12-2018, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #63
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Except that no one emails photos, they share them to dozens or hundreds (or thousands) of people on social media.
I guess I should change my pseudonym here to @no one ..... I use email or texting to share many more photos than I post on-line.

added:

I sent these photos
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/380269-nature-peace-war.html
to my family via text message before I posted them here. Right now the "view" count is 258, so I guess that barely qualifies as "hundreds".

Last edited by reh321; 12-12-2018 at 02:57 PM.
12-12-2018, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #64
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I guess I should change my pseudonym here to @no one .....
Me too, but I fear we're in the minority. Almost everyone I know seems to use social media not just for sharing photos, but to become embroiled in discussions and arguments. In some respects, I guess photography forums like these are similar, yet the near-real-time nature of social media platforms and the wide-spread use beyond our narrow target audience here marks them as something apart.

I have no Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media accounts, nor any desire for them. I do, however, share some of my photos with friends and family via e-mail - and just very occasionally, here on PentaxForums...