Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
12-16-2018, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
You can not-ignore or not-excuse it all you like, but what are you going to DO about it?
I boycott purchases from countries that are doing stupid stuff. Sadly, it is getting increasingly difficult to find countries that are even paying lip service to human rights.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 12-16-2018 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
12-17-2018, 12:01 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, just shut this right down if any governments are singled out. Please concentrate on the plight of this particular photographer and the hazards for photojournalists worldwide. If people want to do something generally, Amnesty International gratefully accepts donations.
I wrote up a cheque and realized that they don't have an office here where I am..

I better not take too many photos too, least I also disappear.....

If I don't post here every few days, pls lodge a report here and with Amnesty international....
12-17-2018, 02:23 AM - 1 Like   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote

If I don't post here every few days, pls lodge a report here and with Amnesty international....
If worst comes to worst, Pinholecam, I'll bake a cake with a hacksaw blade in it and send it to you!
12-17-2018, 08:24 AM   #19
Pentaxian

After the original article was posted, the Chinese government reportedly confirmed he was arrested. No info about the charges.

When pressed, I expect they will eventually cite "terrorism" and "state secrets".

12-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
After the original article was posted, the Chinese government reportedly confirmed he was arrested. No info about the charges.

When pressed, I expect they will eventually cite "terrorism" and "state secrets".
That seems to be the standard refrain these days.