Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2018, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
not news - I'm not sure why anyone with a Pentax affinity even bothers with that website...
I troll it.

12-27-2018, 07:01 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
That's imposing your preference on Mike, Surfar.

We know by polls here and elsewhere that camera buyers for the most part don't care for let alone shoot video. It's a novelty, nothing more.

Where can we see *your* 4k videos? Let's see how real this is for you.

Got YouTube or Vimeo links?

Great comment!

Not many photographers really need 4K,. I sure don't, and videos are my main source of income these days. The giant company that I make my videos for will only take submissions that are 1080p 30fps videos.
12-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
We know by polls here and elsewhere
Here is correct,Where of where is elsewhere?
Where can we see *your* 4k videos?
You can see all the surfing footage that we project wall size ,in our home theater rooms....4K works pretty well at that size.
12-27-2018, 07:26 PM - 3 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The vast majority of people want their own opinions and values confirmed, and will disparage or ignore any person or organization that disagrees with or criticizes what they believe to be true. Were that not so, no politician would have a reliable base. The ultimate extension of this is the assertion that truth is determined by "the preponderance of belief." I've always wondered, if the preponderance of belief determines what is true, how did the composition of matter change from four elements to 92, and how did the shape of planet Earth change from flat to spherical without anyone feeling the transformation?

12-27-2018, 07:42 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really loved that site in the early days. It was an exceptionally fresh approach with rigorous methods. Sad to see whats happened over time. I can live with bias but the bias is not all that's changed.
12-27-2018, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

You can see all the surfing footage that we project wall size ,in our home theater rooms....4K works pretty well at that size.
Let's see it, Surfar.

I don't mean all of us turning up to your house, shaking hands with Mrs Surfar and helping ourselves to the contents of your fridge, just post it on YouTube, Flickr or whatever, and put the links here, let us look at these high quality 4k Spielberg efforts for ourselves.

If you're going to attend … as you do … the Mustang Owners meeting night after night, but sit in the corner and hand out Camaro brochures, like any salesman, you'll need to prove your credentials.
12-27-2018, 08:34 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
No so fast. I do pay attention to their reviews and their image comparison tool is invaluable. It has shown me that K1 and the KP are top tier cameras. Canon offerings not so much. Although they get a chunk of money from Canon and the other big players, They are just as critical of Canon bodies and their lack of innovation and sub par image quality.

So just because they are critical of Pentax does not make me dismiss them. Let's face it Pentax is a company that moves very slow. So much so that it may get run over by trucks as it crosses the highway. So, as much as I love my K1 and my Limited lenses, I am not offended when someone points out that the focusing on my camera sucks. That the FA Limited trio have terrible CA issue. That the focusing is somewhat slow and definitely noisy on the FA Limiteds compared to most modern lenses.

They gave Pentax K1 and the KP their due respect but because they point out that the K1II is at best an incremental albeit lackluster follow up does not bother me. I wish DPReview's and other critical reviews would wake up the people who are behind the driver's seat at Ricoh/Pentax corporation. God know they need it.

Autonomous driving is around the corner for cars but not for camera development. If Pentax is hoping for autonomous development to save it, well I got news for you. It ain't gonna happen. So if someone pinches me to wake me up because I am sound asleep behind the wheel. I would thank them not ostracize them for doing so. You catch my drift?
Cute. You’re just repeating the standard trope. Pentax is Pentax. Let them be who they are. Let those of us who want what they have have Pentax as it is.

None of the things you criticize is quite as bad as you imagine - nor do I need them to be as good as you claim they should be. There is Pentax, and there are other camera companies. It’s a choice.

Catch my drift?
12-27-2018, 08:40 PM - 8 Likes   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorse

12-27-2018, 09:12 PM   #24
Pentaxian

you'll need to prove your credentials.
Ha ha ha ha,to who.?
12-27-2018, 09:39 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Preemptive Deviewing has been invoked.
12-28-2018, 02:23 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

Isn't this a bit petty?
12-28-2018, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

If I could turn off the accelerate sales and clicks chip it would be fine but it blurs detail and creates terrible signal to noise ratio with its baked in bias. They do videos though.
12-28-2018, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is correct,Where of where is elsewhere.
Here is the DPR (so you know it must be definitive) poll earlier in the year of what nearly 4000 members wanted in the upcoming Canon and Nikon mirrorless full frames. You care about video, they don't, so you don't represent them.

In fact, the option for them was not even 'great' video, it was just 'good', so that's a terrible result.
Attached Images

Last edited by clackers; 12-28-2018 at 03:23 AM.
12-28-2018, 03:20 AM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And here's what your fellow Pentax Forums members thought as the features they wanted least in a camera ...
Attached Images

12-28-2018, 03:21 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So I've shown you mine, let's see yours.

Where are these 4k video masterpieces of yours?