Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 106 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2018, 03:23 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
so that's a terrible result.
Its a terrible result for you to quote a poll from a place that seems to be an undesirable place on this Forum.

On one hand you condemn them, but on the other(when it suits YOU) you can use their poll....grand hippo

12-28-2018, 03:46 AM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its a terrible result for you to quote a poll from a place that seems to be an undesirable place on this Forum.
You asked for the data, I gave it.

I asked for proof that 4k video is anything in even your own life and you're empty handed and evasive.
12-28-2018, 04:03 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
evasive.
Sorry,no correspondence with hippos
12-28-2018, 05:59 AM   #34

very interesting talk. With the intention of making it more productive, can you recommend other places for alternatives and better revisions?

12-28-2018, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I really loved that site in the early days. It was an exceptionally fresh approach with rigorous methods. Sad to see whats happened over time. I can live with bias but the bias is not all that's changed.
I bought my very first Pentax, a K-5, largely based upon the DPR and DXOMARK reviews. I continue to visit DPR, DXOMARK less so, but for me it’s like anything else one reads—I try to understand the source’s perspective and biases and take the source for what it’s worth.

Last edited by EssJayEff; 12-28-2018 at 06:51 AM. Reason: clarity
12-28-2018, 06:16 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
I bought my very first Pentax, a K-5, largely based upon DPR’s review and the DXOMARK reviews. I continue to visit DPR, DXOMARK less so, but for me it’s like anything else one reads—I try to understand the source’s perspective and biases and take the source for what it’s worth.
Me too.
12-28-2018, 06:52 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hernandomdio Quote
very interesting talk. With the intention of making it more productive, can you recommend other places for alternatives and better revisions?
It's been years since I took the Donkey Pee Reporter seriously. Imaging Resources are much more dependable and much less opinionated.

Things found on IR but not often mentioned elsewhere. Pentax has AF.s matched only by cameras over $5000
Test evaluations of Pixel Shfted images with resolution charts. They tend to show Pentax at its best, while the Donkey Pee Review tends to make up stuff that make it worse than it is. One consistantly designs every test. (IR). The Donkeys makes up tests to show how bad Pentax is that they do not apply to other systems. They only want to show Pentax is bad, even though in many cases others are worse or not much better. And no trick, like inventing tests just for Pentax, is too cheap for them.

https://www.imaging-resource.com

There are others who are less comprehensive but still have years of data on Pentax lenses.

Last edited by normhead; 12-28-2018 at 07:10 AM.
12-28-2018, 07:25 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Catch my drift?
I LOVE this forum. You all make my day. Pentax should be so lucky to have diehard fans like you. If there ever was an award given for who defends their favorite brand best, it would be a gold for Pentax fans hands down. Most of us (mainly old timers like myself) cut our teeth on a K1000 or in my case a K1000 and an MX (black body at that, yey!) and we stayed or left and came back to our beloved PENTAX. I left for a long time but came back to my beloved PENTAX. Despite its many flaws, I love the images it produces. So who cares if we are not techy enough or have lots of holes in our proverbial shoes!

Yes, I do catch yous all drifts!! So now, would you pass the Grey Poupon please!
12-28-2018, 07:53 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
If I could turn off the accelerate sales and clicks chip it would be fine but it blurs detail and creates terrible signal to noise ratio with its baked in bias. They do videos though.
I'm not clear what camera you are talking about.

After a month I love my KP. Comparing detail in photo with detail I know should be there, I've detected no lost detail but 'adore' Noise Reduction at 25600 ISO. I have no reason to turn off 'accelerator'.
Iso 25600! - PentaxForums.com
12-28-2018, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
I LOVE this forum. You all make my day. Pentax should be so lucky to have diehard fans like you. If there ever was an award given for who defends their favorite brand best, it would be a gold for Pentax fans hands down. Most of us (mainly old timers like myself) cut our teeth on a K1000 or in my case a K1000 and an MX (black body at that, yey!) and we stayed or left and came back to our beloved PENTAX. I left for a long time but came back to my beloved PENTAX. Despite its many flaws, I love the images it produces. So who cares if we are not techy enough or have lots of holes in our proverbial shoes!

Yes, I do catch yous all drifts!! So now, would you pass the Grey Poupon please!
Dude. Take a step back and read what I wrote. I’m not a ‘diehard fan’ of anything. You are more likely a fanboy than I am (or Pentax loyalists are). I have no criticism of the features you want - I just don’t want them.

I don’t want the combination of features you want. They are not valuable to me. Pentax cameras have the combination of features and advancements I DO want. They are valuable to me. I don’t want touchscreens, 4K video, on-sensor PDAF ( that bakes every twelfth green pixel), small, weightless camera bodies or EVF’s. I intentionally choose not to use them. I’ve made a choice, a decision.

I am not a benighted old man. I didn’t start with a K1000. I use Nikon, and Contax film cameras; Panasonic video cameras; and I use an iPhone; each when the format, features and practical ergonomics are best suited to my objective.

If Pentax becomes just another mainline camera company then I can’t have what I want. How is that better for me and for Pentax?

Last edited by monochrome; 12-28-2018 at 11:53 AM.
12-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm not clear what camera you are talking about.

After a month I love my KP. Comparing detail in photo with detail I know should be there, I've detected no lost detail but 'adore' Noise Reduction at 25600 ISO. I have no reason to turn off 'accelerator'.
Iso 25600! - PentaxForums.com
I was talking about the website. I was using their points against the k1ii and applying these points about them.
12-28-2018, 09:38 AM - 2 Likes   #42
Pentaxian

Bottom Line
Don't read DPR.
Don't post DPR links.
Don't quote DPR.
Don't mention DPR on the forum.

We'll all be happier.
They don't do well reporting the segment of the market Pentax represents. Nothing against them per se (besides their demonstrably fraudulent reporting practices.) Just they don't see the world the way Pentax users sees the world.

Keep this thread on the front page for at least a week.

Last edited by normhead; 12-28-2018 at 10:35 AM.
12-28-2018, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Bump.

12-28-2018, 11:57 AM - 2 Likes   #44
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Don't read DPR.
Don't post DPR links.
Don't quote DPR.
Don't mention DPR on the forum.

We'll all be happier.
@normhead - "Winner, Best Post in Thread Category - PentaxForums Annual Awards, 2018..."
12-28-2018, 12:20 PM - 3 Likes   #45

Maybe Adam should add DPR and DPReview to the dirty word filter