Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 106 Likes Search this Thread
12-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
My original intent with this thread...

was to counter the thread titled ' DP Review puts K-1 Mark II as second worst camera of 2018', because we've all had quite enough of their rubbish and enough Pentax negativism by people who just don't get it. They absolutely LOVE the Sony stuff (great cameras with the worst ergonomics of any cameras EVER; cumbersome, awkward and just plain stupid), and totally ignore hyper-program mode as if it's nothing, and all the other wonderful stuff about Pentaxianism. Their poo-pooing or totally ignoring the Limited Lenses, which are close (or possibly surpass) the Leica stuff they will RAVE about at $5,000.00 per lens but ignore the 21mm at 1/10th the price. The build quality of Pentax cameras (my 15 year old *ist D with six + years of heavy professional use, over 100,000 images and thousands of miles of hiking and travelling still looks almost new; my former other in laws similarly-aged Cannon EOS something or other looks like it has been through several war zones, and it was just used lightly by a grandmother on a few trips. Similarly, her lenses are beat up and are HEAVILY worn, rattley, and are just in TERRIBLE shape). They never MENTION that about Pentax cameras, just how 'heavy' they are.

Sorry, they are clueless when it comes to photographic equipment, but right on top of it when it comes to pleasing their advertisers. So is this a great site to listen to for unbiased reviews? Of course not. You might as well listen to that rambling, raving idiot Ken *********.

Happy New Year everyone, I'll probably get chewed out for this, but what the heck. Looking forward to the 128mm F3.2 limited coming out soon...

Cheers,
Cameron

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-31-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Removed masked vulgarity & political reference
12-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I hope you learn to enjoy the limitations you've defined for yourself
I do. KS1 + da 35 & da 50 serve me well for time being.
Astrophotography sites posted images showing the K-1ii was one of the best astrophotography cameras ever made
Hmm - i would say K1 original is by far a better tool for this. Astrophotography puts heavy emphasis on how do you use your noise reduction and unselective NR of accelerator chip is just a no go for a lot of astrophotographers. I know i want full control over my NR when i shot that milky way shoot. And i know i can get far better results hacking at a astro shot manually than any camera can with NR enabled.
But there are times when I wonder what people are complaining about.
Different people with different needs i guess - I take my camera for rock climbing, bicycle rides kayaking, really long walks trough country side - after 10km you really get to appreciate the lighter gear.
12-31-2018, 04:57 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
was to counter the thread titled ' DP Review puts K-1 Mark II as second worst camera of 2018', because we've all had quite enough of their rubbish and enough Pentax negativism by people who just don't get it. They absolutely LOVE the Sony stuff (great cameras with the worst ergonomics of any cameras EVER; cumbersome, awkward and just plain stupid), and totally ignore hyper-program mode as if it's nothing, and all the other wonderful stuff about Pentaxianism. Their poo-pooing or totally ignoring the Limited Lenses, which are close (or possibly surpass) the Leica stuff they will RAVE about at $5,000.00 per lens but ignore the 21mm at 1/10th the price. The build quality of Pentax cameras (my 15 year old *ist D with six + years of heavy professional use, over 100,000 images and thousands of miles of hiking and travelling still looks almost new; my former other in laws similarly-aged Cannon EOS something or other looks like it has been through several war zones, and it was just used lightly by a grandmother on a few trips. Similarly, her lenses are beat up and are HEAVILY worn, rattley, and are just in TERRIBLE shape). They never MENTION that about Pentax cameras, just how 'heavy' they are.

Sorry, they are clueless when it comes to photographic equipment, but right on top of it when it comes to pleasing their advertisers. So is this a great site to listen to for unbiased reviews? Of course not. You might as well listen to that rambling, raving idiot Ken *********.

Happy New Year everyone, I'll probably get chewed out for this, but what the heck. Looking forward to the 128mm F3.2 limited coming out soon...

Cheers,
Cameron

feel better now ?
Happy New Year Cameron.
01-20-2019, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #94
Pentaxian

Bump.

---------- Post added 01-20-19 at 10:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Trickortreat Quote
I do. KS1 + da 35 & da 50 serve me well for time being.
Different people with different needs i guess - I take my camera for rock climbing, bicycle rides kayaking, really long walks trough country side - after 10km you really get to appreciate the lighter gear.
I got you beat, sometimes I do as much as 15km. A K-3, 18-135 and DA 55-300 PLM can be wonderful kit. After 15 km, my DA* 60-250 causes me pain.
It's not the regular walks that get you. It's when you're carrying a 60 pound pack (with your tent clothes and food for two weeks) and a 45 pound canoe on your shoulders) 4 km and you put your camera gear on top of that. That's when heavy gear kills you. it can be the one last straw that breaks the camel's back.

Last edited by normhead; 01-20-2019 at 08:52 AM.