Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2019, 09:05 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Couple Reddit Posts on Contracts

These posts from Reddit are very interesting, re: contracts and photography. I don't think they're perfect, but combined with the comments, make for an interesting read. I don't post this here necessarily for a "wow! do this!" moment, so much as something that gives useful information and directions to consider.

PSA - Contracts and Photography : photography

Follow-Up on Contracts and Photography : photography

01-22-2019, 02:30 AM   #2
Unregistered User

an attorney, myself, I agree with everything stated in that first link's list of suggestions. keep in mind that the only reason for having a written contract is to resolve differences of opinion if, as, and when problems arise. you can't anticipate everything, but having a written agreement and sticking to it religiously will solve the overwhelming majority of the problems that will arise. keep in mind also that contract drafting is an art derived from centuries of human experience in resolving legal problems, and a good lawyer will know what you need in the contract because of all the problems he's experienced and read about. Which brings me to the best piece of advice that author gave: get a good lawyer. When you get sued by an irate client and are wondering why the sheriff's deputy is knocking on your door, that's the wrong time to be looking for the best lawyer for your situation.
01-22-2019, 06:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
an attorney, myself, I agree with everything stated in that first link's list of suggestions. keep in mind that the only reason for having a written contract is to resolve differences of opinion if, as, and when problems arise. you can't anticipate everything, but having a written agreement and sticking to it religiously will solve the overwhelming majority of the problems that will arise. keep in mind also that contract drafting is an art derived from centuries of human experience in resolving legal problems, and a good lawyer will know what you need in the contract because of all the problems he's experienced and read about. Which brings me to the best piece of advice that author gave: get a good lawyer. When you get sued by an irate client and are wondering why the sheriff's deputy is knocking on your door, that's the wrong time to be looking for the best lawyer for your situation.
I tend to agree with most of that. I tell people that a lawyer is an investment in a good fence. Later, you may have problems with the neighbors, but a good fence prevents problems with the neighbors' pets, before they start.