Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-02-2019, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo Life News letter - HD PENTAX-DA★11-18mmF2.8ED DC AW and the HD PENTAX-FA35mmF2

I thought this would be of interest :
Photo Life, a Canadian company, wrote this article about the newly announced Pentax lenses which everyone here is talking about.
Not really "news" but at least a Canadian firm that is showing some interest.
Mods: Delete at will if this is redundantly useless.
Cheers!
Ricoh Imaging’s Two New Wide-Angle Lenses for K-Mount DSLRs | Photo Life

02-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks for bringing that forward and IMO, this is of interest to many Canadian members of the Pentax Forum.

I've received Photo Life since the 1980's and it is a good magazine/website that does have a Canadian perspective. I'm a bit surprised that they mention something new from Pentax as it has been my experience that much of the stuff they feature is generally Canikon, Tamron, etc....but on the other hand, Photo Life is certainly not alone in primarily focusing on Canikon equipment .

Hope this is a sign of things to come that they will have more articles about Pentax.
02-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was daydreaming about the 11-18mm when I read this article and had a moment of delerium when the bolded parts jumped out at me and I skimmed past some important text:

QuoteQuote:
The HD PENTAX-DA★11-18mmF2.8ED DC AW lens will be available at retail outlets nationwide for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1,899.99.
The HD PENTAX-FA35mmF2 lens will be available at retail outlets nationwide for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $549.99.
I knew that couldn't be right, but it was a nice daydream.

Has the infinity marking on this wide angle been discussed somewhere? It looks like it's marking a range for infinity focus, I don't think I've seen that before.

Anyone know if the 35mm has quick-shift focus?
02-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

No it won't, nor WR, as it's the same lens internally as the older FA version. For the price I don't think it matters, it's a great option for a new, modern looking Pentax prime, for those of us who can't afford the big D FAs

02-04-2019, 08:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Photo Life, a Canadian company, wrote this article about the newly announced Pentax lenses which everyone here is talking about.
| Photo Life[/url]
This is especially interesting since the number of stores in Canada with in-store Pentax inventory has continued to decline even after the popular K-3 and K-1 were released. There are two camera stores here in St. John's. One of them stopped stopped stocking Pentax by the time the K-5 was released. The other store stopped stocking Pentax by the time the K-3ii was released (although it still carries the Ricoh WG series, formerly Pentax-branded). I would be surprised if there were more than 8 bricks-and-mortar stores in the entire country that stock Pentax DSLRs and lenses.

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2019 at 11:50 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Most of the article was not written by Photo Life, rather much of it was cut-and-paste from the Ricoh Imaging news releases.

Last edited by pete-tarmigan; 02-04-2019 at 08:21 AM.