Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2019, 04:31 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meero legit?

Hi all,

I just been contacted by 'Meero' (Our work), to do shoots for real estate with them in my local area (the Blue Mountains in Australia). They want you to use your own equipment and take the shots and then they do all the PP. Interesting...

I guess they are working with our local real estate agencies and they get notified by them of a property for sale and then they organise us (the togs) to do the snapping and then they edit and supply back to the real estate.

Does this seem right? Anyone worked for them before?

I have zero experience in real estate shooting so cannot comment at all on how this stuff is organised and arranged.

Care to comment?

Cheers,

Bruce

02-07-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How well does it pay and can you afford to lose your investment in terms of time,etc if it goes belly up?

Personally if I was approached with this sort of opportunity I'd jump at the chance as I consider myself time rich/cash poor so very little to lose.The chance to get paid something (anything) to do what I love would be welcome.

Last edited by timb64; 02-07-2019 at 08:23 AM.
02-07-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
meero photography - Google Search
02-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Hi all,

I just been contacted by 'Meero' (Our work), to do shoots for real estate with them in my local area (the Blue Mountains in Australia). They want you to use your own equipment and take the shots and then they do all the PP. Interesting...

I guess they are working with our local real estate agencies and they get notified by them of a property for sale and then they organise us (the togs) to do the snapping and then they edit and supply back to the real estate.

Does this seem right? Anyone worked for them before?

I have zero experience in real estate shooting so cannot comment at all on how this stuff is organised and arranged.

Care to comment?

Cheers,

Bruce
How'd they get your contact info?

02-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have none of these answers fellas, was hoping someone here might have been approached by them and had some experience. I did a little reading on the internet about them, some positive, some negative, seems they are legit.

They most likely found me on my photography facebook page which shows I work in the Blue Mountains area.
02-07-2019, 01:27 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
I have none of these answers fellas, was hoping someone here might have been approached by them and had some experience. I did a little reading on the internet about them, some positive, some negative, seems they are legit.

They most likely found me on my photography facebook page which shows I work in the Blue Mountains area.
From what I've been able to find out, they are an offshoot of Airbnb, which has wrought havoc on the housing market globally with predatory practices, similar to what uber has done to the taxi industry.

I doubt very much you would do more than eke out a minimal income, that won't compensate you fairly for either your time or expenses, while undermining established real estate photographers.

So that's a moral decision for you to consider.
02-07-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
From what I've been able to find out, they are an offshoot of Airbnb, which has wrought havoc on the housing market globally with predatory practices, similar to what uber has done to the taxi industry.

I doubt very much you would do more than eke out a minimal income, that won't compensate you fairly for either your time or expenses, while undermining established real estate photographers.

So that's a moral decision for you to consider.
Yeah. What I am more curious about is whether all the estate agencies out here have moved onto them. This is not the first time I have seen an agency advertise for togs for real estate, I can't ever recall any of the real estate agencies advertising looking for one... So perhaps this is just how it is now.. <shrugs>

$300 for 70 shots is the quote I've been given, which might amount to 2-3 homes they seem to think. If it's just a case of turning up to a clean place, removing a few cluttered items, taking various shots in raw at different angles, and then zero editing and just uploading, might be a decent pocket money earner, but yeah certainly no main income for sure...

09-10-2019, 06:12 AM   #8

careful

I've been working with Meero for a while. I can tell you that $300 is most likely for one property, and 70 photos is how many they have to present to Airbnb - the producers expect around double that from the togs, keeping in mind that most shots are bracketed.
But there's more to it than it first appears. The "quick little inspection" is done with a difficult app designed to encompass all possible properties, and if you can't complete it because of app failure, which is common, or whatever else they don't pay the inspection and you have to reshoot for free. And then there's the upload. It fails all the time and good luck getting ahold of a producer to figure it out. I've been up until 4 in the morning on an 11am shoot more than a few times.
And then there's getting paid. They didn't pay me for fourteen shoots. It took me two months to get the money, and now they owe for another 5 that have been outstanding for 5 weeks.
It's not the $100/hour skate it appears to be.
The actual shoots are decent though.

Hope that helps