Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2019, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Kerrick James photographs in July/19 Arizona Highways

I've been a long time subscriber to the magazine, Arizona Highways.

The latest edition, July 2019 features an article , 'Different by Design'...written by Lawrence Cheek with photographs by well known Pentax professional photographer, Kerrick James.
An excellent article, both in text and photographs, it runs from page 36 to page 49. Well worth a read and a look.

It's about Arizona's man made structures.

BTW, Kerrick also took the back cover photo. He used Pentax K-1, Mark ll camera body. Wonderful photography.

Great stuff ! I

06-30-2019, 06:08 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've done two workshops with Kerrick in the last two years. It's wonderful to work with him and it's totally cool that he shoots the same gear I do.
06-30-2019, 07:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

He's posted here a few times.
06-30-2019, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I've been a long time subscriber to the magazine, Arizona Highways.
The most amazing part to me is that a long time Manitoban is also a long time subscriber to a magazine called Arizona Highways. Reminds me of the old joke about the bachelor dairy farmer who subscribed to National Geographic and Playboy because both of them had lots of pictures of places he would probably never get to visit.

06-30-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
The most amazing part to me is that a long time Manitoban is also a long time subscriber to a magazine called Arizona Highways. Reminds me of the old joke about the bachelor dairy farmer who subscribed to National Geographic and Playboy because both of them had lots of pictures of places he would probably never get to visit.
I only ever read Playboy for the articles. I only ever read National Geographic because I was in the waiting room for a doctor or dentist.
06-30-2019, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
good one.

I never had a subscription to Playboy..but, unlike that apocryphal bachelor farmer I did go out with a farmer's daughter many years ago.

It is odd, isn't it....me a prairie boy, getting Arizona Highways magazine and this magazine does get mail delivered to me in a plain brown envelope though...which adds to it's appeal for me..as an old married guy.

My wife's aunt was married to an American..both passed away...and he was a very interesting man and a gentleman in every sense of the word.

They lived in Alberta during the summer and Arizona during the winter months and one time left a copy of Arizona Highways, during a visit with their Manitoba relatives. One of my personal flaws is that I read everything, even the list of ingredients on the back of cereal boxes...sometimes even in both official languages of Canada...if I have the time. I went through this magazine and was quite impressed with both the photography and and articles ..Normhead ...the fact that the mag, sometimes lists photographer, camera, lens, F stop, shutter speed and ISO with the photo.

My mother in law who many times has said that I'm so difficult to buy for, when it comes to Xmas and birthdays, jumped on my interest and has very nicely got subscriptions for this fine magazine for me, over the years.
06-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arizona Highways is the kind of magazine many photographers could appreciate. It's been a while since I've seen some issues, but I do remember being very impressed. I grew up in Ohio and now live in North Carolina, but great photos can be appreciated no matter where you are. A few years ago my wife went out to visit her friend in Arizona. She said the scenery was stunning and she wants to go back.