Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
360 video tour of CP+ 2019

Hi everyone, I made this 360 tour of CP+ 2019 with the Theta V. Just thought I would share it here. I hope you all enjoy as it's a great way to see all the stuff that does not get photographed and get a general feel of being there.

07-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks for sharing, definitely interesting but is anyone else also appalled by the poor IQ from the Theta V?

I'm concerned that Ricoh is pumping money into such a product which really does not appear to have any appeal to anyone caring about image quality.
07-05-2019, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Thanks for sharing, definitely interesting but is anyone else also appalled by the poor IQ from the Theta V?

I'm concerned that Ricoh is pumping money into such a product which really does not appear to have any appeal to anyone caring about image quality.
Yeah, the V definitely didn't improve on prior (and cheaper) models when it comes to stills. I'm really excited to try out the Z1, but it seems to still not be out..

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-07-2019, 01:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
If you set the video to 4k on YouTube it will look way better even on a non-4k display.

07-08-2019, 03:51 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Albert Siegel Quote
If you set the video to 4k on YouTube it will look way better even on a non-4k display.
I had noticed earlier with another Theta video you posted that choosing the 4K option can help with some artefacting, but my actual concerns are with the lack of crispness, the blooming, lack of dynamic range, and other poor quality aspects of the image. There seems to be quite a bit of fringing going on, just to mention one aspect.

There is nowhere near enough detail in the image to suggest that a 4K format makes sense. I find it even lacking regarding full HD.

The ability to choose your viewing angle after the fact is nice but the IQ is just unacceptable, in my view.
07-08-2019, 06:15 AM   #6
Banned

Photos: Gallery
There is nowhere near enough detail in the image to suggest that a 4K format makes sense. I find it even lacking regarding full HD.
Well spreading the pixels over 360 degrees field.......4k isn't much at all.

Think of the circle. The area to cover. A circle with a radius of 6,11 meter has a length of 38,4 meter, so every pixel covers one centimeter. That is not much detail to see.

P.S. youtube compression can also be brutale.