Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Event photography - Releases for group/crowd images

When you take photos of large events - weddings, reunions, anniversaries, etc - How do you handle getting permission to post those images on your website for promotional purposes?

- Do you have the organizers sign a general model release for promotion only?
- Do you have an announcement made at the event that photos taken at the event may be posted publicly?
- Do you just post them and deal with complaints as/if they arise?

All feedback and best practices are welcome!
Thanks

09-10-2019, 03:14 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Most large events that I've photographed had some kind of disclaimer that says that by entering, you're consenting to be photographed. Nobody signs anything specific and most don't mind having their photo taken when they know it's likely going to end up on various social media sites.

When you deliver the photos, I would just ask nicely(in writing) if you could use a few from the event for your website.
09-10-2019, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChatMechant Quote
When you deliver the photos, I would just ask nicely(in writing) if you could use a few from the event for your website.
I'm no pro, nor am I a lawyer, but that is something you might want to put in as a clause in your contract, to discuss with the couple before they hire you, and you could review some specific shots you'd like to use after the event. That should gain you a lot of goodwill and save you time as well.