Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I've used a Sony A7III, Nikon Z7 and EOS R (performed a number of AF routines and took a few test shots) , and they were were good. What's the problem with Nikon Z and EOS R cameras (beside reputation from biased reviews)? If I'd get a mirrorless ILC , I'd take the Z7 or EOS R over Sony, just because the Sonys are great in reviews and spec sheets but not that great when handling them.
The problem is that they're not better than the Sony, nor are they frankly better than DSLRs from respective manufacturers. The AF in Z7 works worse than the AF in the D850 and the AF in the A7 from what I heard. The EOS R is a hot mess regarding its ergonomics.

11-20-2019, 04:42 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Rumor: Nikon is supposedly killing some of their sport optics product lines - Nikon Rumors
11-20-2019, 05:24 PM   #33
Veteran Member

If I see properly in slide, they will get out of the consumer market like selling in Costco, Best Buy and other and focus Pro Hobbyist. Non Pro today revenu is on par with the pro . Mid term ex^pect to be only 10-15% of pro business.

11-21-2019, 05:06 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
If I see properly in slide, they will get out of the consumer market like selling in Costco, Best Buy and other and focus Pro Hobbyist. Non Pro today revenu is on par with the pro . Mid term ex^pect to be only 10-15% of pro business.
It's not exactly non-pro versus pro. It's 'neither pro nor hobbyist' versus 'pro or hobbyist'.