Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 64 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2020, 05:00 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Maybe - just maybe - they have a sneaking suspicion about what is on the way and they have to position themselves accordingly.
Beware of double entendre: people might think of a mournful ode...

Last edited by Mistral75; 01-18-2020 at 06:29 AM.
01-18-2020, 05:49 AM - 4 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
They're saying "we love Pentax" way too much.
So, we Pentaxians are like the archetypical wife ... whatever you say, you just cannot win
01-18-2020, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
So, we Pentaxians are like the archetypical wife ... whatever you say, you just cannot win
We do occasionally sound like that ...

Maybe the 70-200 f4 is this week, too

-Eric
01-18-2020, 06:00 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
So, we're an angry, horrifying people which happens to be fanatical Pentax zealots... but you love Pentax

Relax, it's just an observation, I wasn't blaming them for anything (you do blame me, not quite like in the above interpretation but still...).

01-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
It's going to become increasingly difficult to persist with the "DPR hates Pentax" notion.
I tend not to become involved in that stuff in the first place. I still remember when someone online found a bad spot on their Sigma 18-270mm lens; they had to put a distant farmhouse in the spot and then zoom in to the spot, but they did. I had just purchased a Sigma 18-270mm for my Canon, so I looked at my images - I suppose mine were 'bad' there too, but I never saw it. I eventually stopped using this lens in a few months because it was less convenient than I had expected, not because of this reason. I mention the Sigma lens because I see DPR doing the same sort of thing - telling me about problems that I know exist {my K-30 focused poorly, for example}, but are not major problems for me.
01-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just remember DPR is owned by Amazon. Its ultimate purpose is to push sales on Amazon. Could it be Amazon has received some advance information concerning a more specific timetable about a new Pentax product(s) release ?
01-18-2020, 09:35 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Maybe - just maybe - they have a sneaking suspicion about what is on the way and they have to position themselves accordingly.
This is my guess as well. I sense they sense a good product and/or advertising money in the near future and are positioning themselves accordingly.

01-18-2020, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think that there are various signs that DPR is becoming less toxic generally - and I find that good-humoured and positive discussion rather than brand bashing or chauvinism or personal attacks, just like in real life, can have a positive influence on the atmosphere, even there

As long as they don't let Rishi review the K-new
01-18-2020, 10:35 AM - 13 Likes   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
This is my guess as well. I sense they sense a good product and/or advertising money in the near future and are positioning themselves accordingly.
Man, gotta ditch this username.

We pitch the episodes to the DPReview team, they don't tell us what to make videos about. If they like the concept, we produce the episode, and then send it to the the team to check for inaccuracies or suggestions to improve the flow. Then it gets published.

There is no Amazon executive telling us what to talk about, but obviously we prioritize subjects that we think will help grow the audience.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit.
01-18-2020, 10:41 AM - 3 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TCSJordan Quote

We pitch the episodes to the DPReview team, they don't tell us what to make videos about. If they like the concept, we produce the episode, and then send it to the the team to check for inaccuracies or suggestions to improve the flow. Then it gets published.

There is no Amazon executive telling us what to talk about, but obviously we prioritize subjects that we think will help grow the audience.

Keep the username, and keep singing!

You guys have a history of being fair to Pentax and of generally accepting Pentax on their terms. You point out areas where Pentax may be subpar but also extol the virtues of the gear and the beneficial aspects for specific types of photography.
01-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think Jordan has a great voice.
01-18-2020, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ok decent points made but the patronizing "love, love, love, Pentax" ahem. At the same time they patronize... Why emphasize the slow 6x7 synch speed when yes, leaf shutter lenses. Why emphasize bad video on the 645z? Just why? Kudos to giving credit to new affordable mf but not pointing out it was the first dxo over 100 and still one of the top dxo cameras.
Good points on other Pentax cameras were of course pointed out to be from other companies.
This feels like a second draft with only dpr feedback. "Make sure you say we love them and don't forget that crappy synch speed, no video, and others did it first, but Chris, like the positive points already, no need to clarify those."
01-18-2020, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

Thanks for the video and your input here. I just wanted you to know you look real nice in that shirt.
01-18-2020, 11:15 AM   #29
Pentaxian

I find the idea that you're nothing that an instrument for raising Amazon's sales utterly ridiculous. Unfortunately, it kept being repeated over and over again - obviously without any proof, nor any hint of any such information being available.
01-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is no Amazon executive telling us what to talk about, but obviously we prioritize subjects that we think will help grow the audience.I hope this helps clarify things a bit.
I'd also say thank you - I think that any honest clarification is good for everyone, and taking the temperature and conspiracy theories out of relations here is even better. I. for one, enjoy visiting DPR and learn a lot about what's available on the market there - and your and Chris's videos are a valuable part of that which IMHO have also played a significant part in improving the atosphere all round on DPR - keep up the good work!