Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 64 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I find the idea that you're nothing that an instrument for raising Amazon's sales utterly ridiculous. Unfortunately, it kept being repeated over and over again - obviously without any proof, nor any hint of any such information being available.
Of course. Camera and lens reviews are primarily done by people who do it because they are passionate about cameras, lenses and photography.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 01-18-2020 at 12:36 PM.
01-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Of course. Camera and lens reviews are primarily done by people who do it because they are passionate about cameras, lenses and photography.
That's not always the case, some people are looking for fame, some for money - as usual.
Chris and Jordan do seem passionate, though; and I guess Phil Askey was also passionate about photography (or gear, at least), too. And they know their stuff. I cringe when I see some of the stuff on the Internet; we should make a clear differentiation here.

Jordan, I'll get back to the "we love Pentax" thing - please consider my opinion, that you're overusing it and talking about how loyal we are.
IMO it doesn't have any positive effect; instead reminding of whatever past issues, helping Othering us, separating us from your viewers. Some are even finding this patronizing.
But do you know what does? Content like the last two videos. I don't think Pentax has enough products but... please keep it up!

P.S. Burn that T-shirt. It's ugly.
01-18-2020, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Here is one for Pentax week. He shoots mainly canon (endorsement) and hasselblad but here is love for the 6x7.
No mocking shutter shock, or flash synch.
01-18-2020, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved from "New and Rumours", because it is neither.

01-18-2020, 04:33 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another reasonable Pentax video from them. And really don't have a problem with the number of times they said, "love," but what's wrong with the shirt?

Last edited by clickclick; 01-18-2020 at 10:03 PM.
01-18-2020, 05:33 PM - 4 Likes   #36
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
I think Jordan has a great voice.
I disagree.
01-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

@TCSJordan...

FWIW...Pentax Week is not a bad idea, but I gotta say, y'all are scraping the bottom of the good idea barrel, even for January. As mentioned, very little of substance has surfaced over the last couple of years in Pentaxland and even long-promised projects have yet to see market. Even those who are diehards to the brand are growing fatigued of waving an increasingly tattered banner.* As a result, the grist for the mill is admittedly a little sparse and the jokes fall a little flat in this corner of the Web. That said, the jabs at the "never DPreview" crowd of Pentaxians are on target, even if a tad overdone. With any luck, Ricoh/Pentax will summon some energy and deliver new product in the near future.

As for the clunky Pentax 6x7...Bruce Weber seems to make smooth work of it...

Steve

* I am not so much a diehard as I am a solid user with no desire to migrate out should my K-3 fail with no suitable replacement short of the used market.

01-19-2020, 02:06 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TCSJordan Quote
I disagree.
What city are you in that is -34 c/f? Just curious where that is.
01-19-2020, 02:22 AM   #39
Pentaxian

I have watched the video and I like it just fine.
01-19-2020, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
What city are you in that is -34 c/f? Just curious where that is.
TCSJordan is from Canada. It's a big country north of Mexico, and it can be quite cold at this time of the year.

There is a particularly cold snap going on at the moment.
01-19-2020, 03:07 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
TCSJordan is from Canada. It's a big country north of Mexico, and it can be quite cold at this time of the year.

There is a particularly cold snap going on at the moment.

Yes, the first clue was the Canadian flag on his profile. I was just asking about the c i t y.
Right now, for example, a quick glance at the map shows Yellowknife is -31 C. Everything in the southern provinces seems to be warmer (relatively speaking) by 20 degrees or so. . .

I honestly have no idea where DPReview is based. Perhaps in several locations with reviewers digitally supplying their info? I followed it for years, but lately have just focused on what I have, not the latest and greatest coming out.
01-19-2020, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote

Yes, the first clue was the Canadian flag on his profile. I was just asking about the c i t y.
Right now, for example, a quick glance at the map shows Yellowknife is -31 C. Everything in the southern provinces seems to be warmer (relatively speaking) by 20 degrees or so. . .

I honestly have no idea where DPReview is based. Perhaps in several locations with reviewers digitally supplying their info? I followed it for years, but lately have just focused on what I have, not the latest and greatest coming out.
I think that The Camera Store is based in Calgary and that's who produces the videos mentioned here.
01-19-2020, 03:40 AM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I wasn't blaming them for anything (you do blame me, not quite like in the above interpretation but still...).
So then I am sorry. Certainly not intended.
01-19-2020, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IMO Chris and Jordan gave Pentax a fair press in their TCS days, they get the value proposition and USP.
I did not follow them over to DPR as that was a largely negative site, and who needs that?

Maybe this is turning a new leaf to address that perception, let's give it a chance for our benefit.
01-19-2020, 06:49 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I have watched the video and I like it just fine.
Agree. I also liked the video. They were spot on with their choices.