Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sports teams - Trading Cards

Hi Everyone,

I have some sports team photos coming up (nothing new), however there is a big interest in getting baseball type "trading cards" for each player. I have looked online extensively and if I was shooting a Hockey team I can get them from 20+ commercial printers in Canada, and as many in the US - unfortunately basketball card printing is slim pickings.

Has anyone had experience with 'Custom Sports Products' in Texas? Or does anyone have any suggestions of good places where I can get 1's or 2's per player for 50+ players? I am trying to keep costs low for the parents and still make a few pennies on the side, so any advice would be welcome.

For the rest of the prints I already have that covered with my Pikto account, however they do not to the trading card type of off-set printing.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give,

Micheal

01-26-2020, 07:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Try googling little league trading cards. I see a lot of hits. Something has to work for you.
01-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I would suggest to print them yourself. Get a good photo printer (I like Canon printers myself).

Use a photo paper that can be printed on both sides. Red River Paper offers a few types.

If you are looking at 1 or 2 photos per child, put different children photos on the same 8X10 paper.

And get a paper cutter to cut the photos apart.

Yes, this will run cost up a little because of the cost of ink and paper. At the same time, I suspect that any printing lab will have a minimum amount of photos per person. For trading cards my guess would be 8.
02-27-2020, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
If anyone was wondering...As an Update 'Custom Sports Products' in Texas does 1's and 2's of the regular sports cards which look OK. Parents thought the sample cards I had printed were amazing. in my order I said I was looking to order for a few teams and asked for some additional samples. If you ever need sports cards the Metallic Print cards are far superior in image quality and feel - a minimum order of 4 each, yet look amazing. Shipping was fast and I have never had any photographic printing packed this well - you would have had to run over the box to damage the cards inside it, and even then they might have survived.