Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2020, 04:41 PM   #46
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
The Japanese government is really anxious to have this completely under control in time for the Summer Olympics.
That's an admirable, but - I fear - unrealistic ambition, given the global spread of the disease (albeit on a relatively small scale thus far) and the difficulty in identifying, locating and tracking those infected / at risk and who they've been in close contact with

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
My wife is a chaperone for a student exchange that has booked and paid for everything to be in Japan the middle of April and already the school she was supposed to visit in Hokkaido has said that they won't be open for visitors. The other school near Kyoto is still waiting for direction from the government, but it isn't looking good.
That's a terrible shame and sad, though good to hear that precautions are being taken. Much of it feels like "too little, too late" over here in the UK... and yet, people are still wondering if it's OK for them to go on holiday to Italy and other affected countries. Whether it is or not, I wouldn't be risking it until it's under control...

02-26-2020, 05:41 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
@Adam - Any updates on when (or how) your interview with Ricoh is going to take place.
Mid-March is the tentative plan. Should have a more concrete date sooner rather than later!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #48
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Mid-March is the tentative plan. Should have a more concrete date sooner rather than later!
Thank you. As always, looking forward to your conversation with Ricoh.
02-27-2020, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Well, today would have been the start of CP+ 2020. Looks like a few manufacturers like Fujifilm have some new cameras & stuff. I'm wondering what Ricoh is up to. *Le sigh....*

But yeah. Looking forward to that possible interview in March!

02-27-2020, 02:33 PM   #50
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do take care, Adam... I'm looking forward to the results of your interview as much as anyone, but please don't put yourself at risk
02-27-2020, 07:15 PM - 10 Likes   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm looking forward to the interview between Adam and some equally brave Ricoh executive.
Attached Images

02-27-2020, 08:44 PM - 3 Likes   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'm looking forward to the interview between Adam and some equally brave Ricoh executive.
Refugees from an Intel Pentium ad?

02-28-2020, 06:10 AM   #53
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I've just heard on our national news that northern Japan has declared a "state of emergency"...
02-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #54
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I've just heard on our national news that northern Japan has declared a "state of emergency"...
QuoteQuote:
Japan’s Hokkaido island — where Olympic marathons are due to take place this summer — declared a state of emergency. Olympic organizers indicated they would announce plans next week to scale back the torch relay.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/02/28/coronavirus-live-updates/

when will large public gatherings be banned by governments ?
02-28-2020, 06:23 AM   #55
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
when will large public gatherings be banned by governments ?
Steering clear of political discussion, I know that certain authorities in the UK are beginning to prepare for school and business closures, and possible limitations on group events. It's not happening yet, but I think plans are being discussed...
02-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Number of infected jumped from 16 to 48 in last two/three days in Germany. There's some that started panicking and clearing out shelves in stores, completely overreacting, while owners of Aldi, Lidl and Kaufland are rubbing hands.
02-28-2020, 06:40 AM   #57
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZeljkoS Quote
Number of infected jumped from 16 to 48 in last two/three days in Germany. There's some that started panicking and clearing out shelves in stores, completely overreacting, while owners of Aldi, Lidl and Kaufland are rubbing hands.
I haven't panicked, but I have topped up my stocks of frozen, tinned and packet foods, cereals, long-life milk, water, over-the-counter meds, sanitary and household items, cat food etc... about a month's supply for the whole family, maybe a little more. In the unlikely event that we have to self-isolate at some point, I think it's good to have basic provisions to hand...
02-28-2020, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I haven't panicked, but I have topped up my stocks of frozen, tinned and packet foods, cereals, long-life milk, water, over-the-counter meds, sanitary and household items, cat food etc
You've forgotten the whiskey, red wine and beer, how are you going to survive then?

---------- Post added 28-02-20 at 15:12 ----------

Steering clear of political discussion, I know that certain authorities in the UK are beginning to prepare for school and business closures, and possible limitations on group events. It's not happening yet, but I think plans are being discussed...
That's very serious, for one time and media hype is useful and necessary. Uncontrolled propagation can be exponential , and with a death rate of 2%, it very serious. Last time I've been at the physician, there were 40 people queuing, so I left, first I didn't want to wait, and second having 40 people waiting in a room can be a disaster in case someone is contaminated by the virus, that's the fastest way to propagate that thing.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 02-28-2020 at 07:14 AM.
02-28-2020, 07:29 AM   #59
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

it is a serious matter

and so can be the flu

at this stage I am not doing anything out of the ordinary

keeping up on trusted news and information sources

and hoping for best
02-28-2020, 07:38 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
having 40 people waiting in a room can be a disaster in case someone is contaminated by the virus, that's the fastest way to propagate that thing
Exactly this. Do not go to the hospital or emergency rooms, if you absolute don't have to. Crowded waiting rooms have so far been the main reason why the infection spread so fast