Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"There is accomplishment through many advisers" states Proverbs 15:22 in the Bible. I hope that the counsel of all of our friends here has helped you about photo pricing. Who knows? May be this may turn into the start of a new gig for you. Success!

04-11-2020, 12:42 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

I have bagged a few of these in my time as a non-pro. Usually I sell to press and would never charge a commercial news outlet less than £100 but the price may go up if its spectacular. Most of what I sell on the fly is horror, man run down by train etc but a couple of years ago I was hit on for a landscape I entered in a local competition and was asked if it could be used for promoting the local area and I gave it away free so long as I got a credit for it. I figured it was my bit for the general public good - by the way it was shot on a happy snappy digital.

Summing up....as a non pro if it was for charity or community use I would normally charge a nominal fee for time and trouble. Might be free but unlikley to be over £100. price depends on use, one off or will they make money from it.

Commercial press, subject dictates price. If I have film of Sully landing on the Hudson it would be a lot more expensive than an amusing situation with local cops recovering cat from tree.Typically though £100 for non event.

Pro work...time, materials and profit and you wont see much change out of £500 a day.
05-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Of all my years of selling shots, I have never had a customer ask me what I charge. The customer (magazines, calendars, books) set the price. Probably the reason why they are asking you is because they are not that familiar with buying photos. Give them a fair price for future business purposes.