Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"There is accomplishment through many advisers" states Proverbs 15:22 in the Bible. I hope that the counsel of all of our friends here has helped you about photo pricing. Who knows? May be this may turn into the start of a new gig for you. Success!

04-11-2020, 12:42 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

I have bagged a few of these in my time as a non-pro. Usually I sell to press and would never charge a commercial news outlet less than 100 but the price may go up if its spectacular. Most of what I sell on the fly is horror, man run down by train etc but a couple of years ago I was hit on for a landscape I entered in a local competition and was asked if it could be used for promoting the local area and I gave it away free so long as I got a credit for it. I figured it was my bit for the general public good - by the way it was shot on a happy snappy digital.

Summing up....as a non pro if it was for charity or community use I would normally charge a nominal fee for time and trouble. Might be free but unlikley to be over 100. price depends on use, one off or will they make money from it.

Commercial press, subject dictates price. If I have film of Sully landing on the Hudson it would be a lot more expensive than an amusing situation with local cops recovering cat from tree.Typically though 100 for non event.

Pro work...time, materials and profit and you wont see much change out of 500 a day.
05-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Of all my years of selling shots, I have never had a customer ask me what I charge. The customer (magazines, calendars, books) set the price. Probably the reason why they are asking you is because they are not that familiar with buying photos. Give them a fair price for future business purposes.