Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 166 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2020, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #106
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Kobie calls him out and rightfully so.
Kobie's mistake, with respect to him, was to engage with Li at all. Most folks know that, despite still owning some Pentax gear, Li is now riding the Fujifilm train. Plus, he seems a little bitter and negative about Pentax right now, perhaps due to the financial failure of his channel when it was Pentax-specific. Maybe I'm imagining that, but I don't think so - and I'd guess I'm not the only one that sees or suspects this. Engaging with him was inviting response, and it was always going to be defensive. In Kobie's position, I'd have simply ignored Li's comments and got on with content for my own channel... Now, though, he has a rift with Li to deal with on top of content creation

07-22-2020, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Kobie's mistake, with respect to him, was to engage with Li at all. Most folks know that, despite still owning some Pentax gear, Li is now riding the Fujifilm train. Plus, he seems a little bitter and negative about Pentax right now, perhaps due to the financial failure of his channel when it was Pentax-specific. Maybe I'm imagining that, but I don't think so - and I'd guess I'm not the only one that sees or suspects this. Engaging with him was inviting response, and it was always going to be defensive. In Kobie's position, I'd have simply ignored Li's comments and got on with content for my own channel... Now, though, he has a rift with Li to deal with on top of content creation
The balls in LI(ar)s court now,lets see if he hits back?

Talking of (cricket) balls,get your blokes to stop spitting on them!Much worse than a bit of sandpaper! lol.
07-22-2020, 06:13 PM - 3 Likes   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
And therein lies the problem. He says he's switched to FujiFilm and when I mentioned that aspect (which I said is fine, I get why he did but keep the (his) views objective) in my comment, he quickly stated that No he's not fully switched and even made a cool graphic of FujiTax because in his other video he stated that he shoots both. However, I went back and watched that video again and again thinking I may have missed where he talked about himself being both a Fuji and PENTAX Shooter. He never said it once. He referred to his audience that surprised him by shooting both.I had let it go, but when he put words in my mouth to discredit me, decided to say that I suffered from Fanboy Fever, constantly went on about every comment being "Immeasurable by numbers" (which was the thumbnail I used for my reaction to the PENTAX Vision video) then he went on to state that PentaxForums is a fanboy site that's sponsored by PENTAX, powered by FanBoys and that I made a rookie mistake by posting a video that I got flack for. Sorry, I'm not going to just sit there and have him think he's on some kind of pedestal and anyone who disagrees with him is beneath him. There were no mistakes on my part. I deeply thought about this before going ahead with my video. I actually care about the community that I serve and I know there's people who subscribe to both myself and The CameraVille. I strongly believe that the audience should know what the deal is and how far back this actually goes. It's a disservice to viewers when you flip flop back and forth and start childish banter while removing certain comments to suit your own narrative while also claiming that you provide an open platform for people to comment, disagree and as he put it, even insult him. In other words, he's doing the exact opposite of what he states he's about.
In the description of my video, I said this is not going to be a regular thing. I said what I had to say and provided the context. The end.
The rest is up to the people (Subscribers/Viewers).

---------- Post added 07-22-20 at 09:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
The balls in LI(ar)s court now,lets see if he hits back?
Honestly, I don't really care if he does or doesn't. I've provided the context of what happened and shown the, uhh, hmmm, flip flopyness? Of his ways.
The rest is up to the viewers/subscribers to be more aware. That's all.
07-23-2020, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #109
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
And therein lies the problem. He says he's switched to FujiFilm and when I mentioned that aspect (which I said is fine, I get why he did but keep the (his) views objective) in my comment, he quickly stated that No he's not fully switched and even made a cool graphic of FujiTax because in his other video he stated that he shoots both. However, I went back and watched that video again and again thinking I may have missed where he talked about himself being both a Fuji and PENTAX Shooter. He never said it once. He referred to his audience that surprised him by shooting both.I had let it go, but when he put words in my mouth to discredit me, decided to say that I suffered from Fanboy Fever, constantly went on about every comment being "Immeasurable by numbers" (which was the thumbnail I used for my reaction to the PENTAX Vision video) then he went on to state that PentaxForums is a fanboy site that's sponsored by PENTAX, powered by FanBoys and that I made a rookie mistake by posting a video that I got flack for. Sorry, I'm not going to just sit there and have him think he's on some kind of pedestal and anyone who disagrees with him is beneath him. There were no mistakes on my part. I deeply thought about this before going ahead with my video. I actually care about the community that I serve and I know there's people who subscribe to both myself and The CameraVille. I strongly believe that the audience should know what the deal is and how far back this actually goes. It's a disservice to viewers when you flip flop back and forth and start childish banter while removing certain comments to suit your own narrative while also claiming that you provide an open platform for people to comment, disagree and as he put it, even insult him. In other words, he's doing the exact opposite of what he states he's about.
In the description of my video, I said this is not going to be a regular thing. I said what I had to say and provided the context. The end.
Hi Kobie

My point was, commenting at all on his video(s) in the first place invited response. That he was defensive, perhaps even tetchy, isn't so surprising given his current feelings towards Pentax and this community. It was poor wording on my part to suggest you made a mistake, though. Rather, you initiated what became a dialogue, and you've every right to do so...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-23-2020 at 01:46 AM.
07-23-2020, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote

---------- Post added 07-22-20 at 09:17 PM ----------

Honestly, I don't really care if he does or doesn't. I've provided the context of what happened and shown the, uhh, hmmm, flip flopyness? Of his ways.
The rest is up to the viewers/subscribers to be more aware. That's all.
Well done and well said and well stated.
I am one that wrote a long comment on your reply, maybe it was me or someone before me thought.

Anyways I do think as you do, and I am very dissapointed with that guy's behave.

Best wishes, thanks for the explanations (no needed i believe) and well basically everything else.

Cheers,