Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-24-2020, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AlwaysAl Quote
More recently, have had a few of the junior sales clerks out and tell me the non-stock Pentax thing was corporate and that Pentax was "broke".
When I called up to order my K-1, I had some wormy little git tell me they didn't carry Pentax. I told him what I was seeing on his website. Co-operation was rapid after that.

06-24-2020, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
When I called up to order my K-1, I had some wormy little git tell me they didn't carry Pentax. I told him what I was seeing on his website. Co-operation was rapid after that.
After the release of the K-1 I was in a Henry's. They had sold every K-1 they could get. I went back 3 months later and there was nothing Pentax in the stores. I asked the salesman who had helped me last time I was in what happened. He said a Henry's truck turned up one day and took it all. He had no idea why.
Henry's is a clear example of a company getting too big. At some point the lines of communication between head office and the employees become broken, and you start getting answers. All the employees know is what the company did, not why they did it.

Tess when ordering once ran into some extremely inappropriate behaviour. An employee seemed to be trying to recruit her for phone sex, complete with heavy breathing etc.
We have avoided the company ever since.
06-24-2020, 01:37 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
<wormy little git> ha! Who hasn't dealt with such a sales person at some point in their life?