Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2020, 05:47 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Oh you can guarantee English translations of the reveal will be posted here the same day, and a 25 page discussion will follow.
But the main question might remain unanswered: will they write Ricoh on it?

05-13-2020, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And if they do, will people put black tape over it?
05-13-2020, 06:08 AM - 6 Likes   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Oh you can guarantee English translations of the reveal will be posted here the same day, and a 25 page discussion will follow.
I am betting on Google Translate absolutely butchering the nuance of Japanese expressions, followed by at least 10 pages of heated approval/disapproval about something that actually had nothing to do with the actual statements by Ricoh . Then we'll get a proper translation, collectively go "aaaah" and promptly return to heated approval/disapproval for 20 more pages, but at least this time it will be about something real .
05-13-2020, 09:36 AM - 2 Likes   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
How in the heck do you know that the K-New doesn't have some sort of articulated screen??
If the K-new does have an articulated screen no one is going to believe the amount of effort I'm going to put into calling these guys out. "I been rebuked and I been scorned" and they're going to pay big time.

05-13-2020, 09:48 AM - 2 Likes   #95

The "official" translation on the Ricoh website is here:
CP+2020 | RICOH IMAGING

For those who are too lazy to click the link:

QuoteQuote:
Video broadcast introducing PENTAX products currently in development

PENTAX will broadcast a video to introduce a selection of the new products currently in development, which were originally scheduled to be showcased at the RICOH IMAGING booth at the now-cancelled CP+ 2020.

In this video, members of PENTAX’s Product Planning Department will describe a range of models now in development, including the next flagship model of the PENTAX APS-C-format digital SLR series and new interchangeable lenses. A great chance to witness the future of PENTAX!

Date and time: 12:00 noon on Friday, May 15, 2020 (Japan time)

Please note that, due to the coronavirus outbreak, PENTAX has decided to broadcast a pre-recorded web conference.
05-13-2020, 10:04 AM - 3 Likes   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging:
(...) new interchangeable lenses (...)
Note the plural.
05-13-2020, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #97

Also note Japan Time

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Note the plural.
QuoteQuote:
Date and time: 12:00 noon on Friday, May 15, 2020 (Japan time)

05-13-2020, 10:14 AM - 2 Likes   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Note the plural.
I can't wait to find out which of my lens concepts they're building! D-FA 17 f3.5 Ltd with straight aperture blades? D-FA 25 f2.5 with light weight build?? Getting my popcorn ready.

Also, I hate to suggest that Pentax need to keep up with the market vs. going their own way, but I can't imaging them not having some kind of movable screen on the K-new. I personally don't think I would use it very often but to not have it all seems like a weird thing to do. But if they give it a fixed screen instead, that's fine with me. Just happy to see some new product news.
05-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Also note Japan Time
Yep!
There is no mention of GMT in the Japanese text, which simply states:

配信開始:2020年5月15日(金)  12:00

'Available from the 15th of May, 2020 (Friday) at 12 o'clock.'

This being a Japanese press release, the time is obviously 12:00 JST (Japan Standard Time), not GMT/UTC.
05-15-2020, 03:05 AM - 3 Likes   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
I can't wait to find out which of my lens concepts they're building! D-FA 17 f3.5 Ltd with straight aperture blades? D-FA 25 f2.5 with light weight build?? Getting my popcorn ready.

Also, I hate to suggest that Pentax need to keep up with the market vs. going their own way, but I can't imaging them not having some kind of movable screen on the K-new. I personally don't think I would use it very often but to not have it all seems like a weird thing to do. But if they give it a fixed screen instead, that's fine with me. Just happy to see some new product news.
Weeell... (17+25)/2=21 mm, so you were, on average, right on the money . Ltd, check. DC motor (KAF-4 it looks like), check. WR, also check!
05-15-2020, 04:16 AM - 3 Likes   #101
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not once was Ricoh mentioned, but Pentax was in every other sentence... I think RI just confirmed Pentax SLRs have a rosy future - and serious trouble for my bank account!!!
05-20-2020, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #102

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
So Pentax cameras should never have any kind of movable screens?
Ricoh Imaging clearly disagreed when the K-1 actually innovated in that regard, though

I mean, if we want to remove features, why even have auto focus.
--------------------------------

While I don't mind a tilt-screen that much on a smallish camera like the KP, which I do have & occasionally do use the tilting feature, I don't want a tilting screen mechanism on a bigger/heavier camera. Mainly because of added bulk. Why can't those of us that prefer to have a fixed rear screen have a least one Pentax model that has a fixed screen ?

Last edited by BryantCP; 05-20-2020 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling
05-20-2020, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BryantCP Quote
--------------------------------

While I don't mind a tilt-screen that much on a smallish camera like the KP, which I do have & occasionally do use the tilting feature, I don't want a tilting screen mechanism on a bigger/heavier camera. Mainly because of added bulk. Why can't those of us that prefer to have a fixed rear screen have a least one Pentax model that has a fixed screen ?
disliking tilting shift of K1? I find it not that bulky and quite clever, better than the KP one actually
05-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My preference is honestly whatever everyone else wants, the most, so that it appeals to the most people that might be sitting on the fence. The K-1's twist & tilt boogie would probably be my favorite solution. Couple that with a good cell phone clamping mount for the hotshoe and I think we're good?
05-20-2020, 05:53 PM   #105
Pentaxian

Not so sure.
Look at the fuji's X-T4 articulated screen : even selfie compliant.