Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2020, 03:23 PM   #841
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
That camera is 3 generations old and was entry level,bayer sensored with an outdated processor when it was released.Get your friend to sell it and buy an Xtrans 3 or 4 gen,ie a real Fuji.
I think @Serkevan was referring to the Ergonomics and ease of use of the Fuji system, of course i could be mistaken.

09-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #842
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm just saying, so far I'm not excited. For those of us with K-1s for stills and a K-3 for action, what will it offer?
So what would it take to get you excited???
09-29-2020, 03:51 PM   #843
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Now who is being negative? I seriously doubt that even if true.
I'm not sure it was a "negative" statement.
If I recall correctly, the manufacturers originally sold "APS-C" cameras because of the cost of larger sensors.
The cost of "FF" sensors has come down now, so a basic 24mp "FF" camera could be sold for around $1000.
That may be where most creative energy in the industry goes now, and "APS-C" could become a mode of "FF" cameras.
09-29-2020, 03:53 PM - 5 Likes   #844
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This thread is precariously close to becoming history.
The back-biting, "you're wrong", "your opinion is wrong", "Canon, Sony, Nikon, are................" stops VERY soon, one way or the other.
This thread can be closed just as easily as the one closed earlier.

09-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #845
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
That may be where most creative energy in the industry goes now, and "APS-C" could become a mode of "FF" cameras.
I hope this will never happen
09-29-2020, 07:04 PM - 1 Like   #846
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
So what would it take to get you excited???
A stop more noise reduction than a K-P. 10 FPS both in AF.s and with tracking turned on, with a 60 shot buffer that doesn't lock up the camera while it clears, and clears much faster than any current Pentax. I'd like the 60 shot buffer to clear in 1/4 the time my current 23 shot buffer does .15 EV DR, (OK I'd settle for 14), and 30 MP with a tilting back screen. AF points that go almost to the edge of the sensor and I think 30 MP would keep me from missing the resolution of my K-1 sensor.

I'd sell my K-1 and K-3 to get that camera if necessary. But we already know, it's not going to happen. I'm finding having two cameras problematic. I really like shake reduction, pixel shift (which I use extensively this time of year) Astor-tracer (which I might never use but it makes me feel good to carry it around) , a tilting back screen and a slightly smaller height to fit my favourite pelican case, which hasn't been used since my K-5.

Thinking for the future 8k 7680x 4320 would be nice getting ready for 8k TV, though I don't know that will ever be done in an APS_c sensor.
You have to think "what's next?"

I'm pretty happy with what I have, I can't imagine paying big bucks for less than big improvements. But I'm thinking if they just replace all the 6 year old parts with up to date components they should double the speed of everything easily. It's all relative. So, I'm expecting big things, but not big enough.

Someone said better than a D500, but in MP a K-P s already better than a D500 and no way I expect the D500's 4k video. So the big question to be answered is better how? The D500 has a tilting touch screen so it's already not better for that. SO that means next to nothing. It sounds good, but I have no idea what they are talking about.

It's an interesting question, and the next one "how many of those things are critical.' is more speculation than I care to undertake. This was hard enough.

Last edited by normhead; 09-29-2020 at 07:11 PM.
09-29-2020, 07:49 PM - 1 Like   #847
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A stop more noise reduction than a K-P. 10 FPS both in AF.s and with tracking turned on, with a 60 shot buffer that doesn't lock up the camera while it clears, and clears much faster than any current Pentax. I'd like the 60 shot buffer to clear in 1/4 the time my current 23 shot buffer does .15 EV DR, (OK I'd settle for 14), and 30 MP with a tilting back screen. AF points that go almost to the edge of the sensor and I think 30 MP would keep me from missing the resolution of my K-1 sensor.

I'd sell my K-1 and K-3 to get that camera if necessary. But we already know, it's not going to happen. I'm finding having two cameras problematic. I really like shake reduction, pixel shift (which I use extensively this time of year) Astor-tracer (which I might never use but it makes me feel good to carry it around) , a tilting back screen and a slightly smaller height to fit my favourite pelican case, which hasn't been used since my K-5.

Thinking for the future 8k 7680x 4320 would be nice getting ready for 8k TV, though I don't know that will ever be done in an APS_c sensor.
You have to think "what's next?"

I'm pretty happy with what I have, I can't imagine paying big bucks for less than big improvements. But I'm thinking if they just replace all the 6 year old parts with up to date components they should double the speed of everything easily. It's all relative. So, I'm expecting big things, but not big enough.

Someone said better than a D500, but in MP a K-P s already better than a D500 and no way I expect the D500's 4k video. So the big question to be answered is better how? The D500 has a tilting touch screen so it's already not better for that. SO that means next to nothing. It sounds good, but I have no idea what they are talking about.

It's an interesting question, and the next one "how many of those things are critical.' is more speculation than I care to undertake. This was hard enough.
Well I can see one thing right up front that's not going to be a feature that's going to excite you.........no flippy screen. Unless its stratospherically expensive I'm very sure my K-3 will have K-New companion.

09-30-2020, 12:24 AM   #848
Pentaxian

it's already end of the month - and again we have "delayed" new pentax camera introducing to the market.
-
I'm hoping someone from Ricoh decide to change in the very last minute - the plans for screen - because maybe someone red the comments from FB section and elsewhere - where majority of complaints were targeting no tilt/ flip screen fact.

-
Maybe they also decide to put the Touch screen rather than non-touch - but again- it will be fixed ?

-
Maybe neither of the first two - but finishing and polishing the final product. ..
-
Maybe they have some finishing problems etc....

-
Who will know for sure... I would love to see it on market - and see what reviews it will be getting - from various sources and photographers ....

Last edited by panonski; 09-30-2020 at 12:38 AM.
09-30-2020, 12:39 AM - 2 Likes   #849
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
I'm hoping someone from Ricoh decide to change the plans for screen - because maybe someone red the comments from FB section and elsewhere - where majority of complaints were targeting no tilt/ flip screen fact.
I think the chance of a redesign are zero at this stage. Ricoh have made their plans clear.

The best one could hope for might be a K-new II with a flippy screen a year after the K-new v1 gets released.

Or shortly after v1 gets released Ricoh could sell people a 'K-new Option Kit', where you send your K-new v1 in and for $500 they do a flippy screen upgrade for you and send you back a K-new with a flippy screen and a new 'v II' label, similar to how the K-1 II upgrade worked.
09-30-2020, 12:45 AM   #850
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The best one could hope for might be a K-new II with a flippy screen a year after the K-new v1 gets released.
This might be the closest to the truth, I'm also imagining same scenario in my head.
09-30-2020, 12:55 AM   #851
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The back-biting, "you're wrong", "your opinion is wrong", "Canon, Sony, Nikon, are................" stops VERY soon, one way or the other.
This thread can be closed just as easily as the one closed earlier.
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Now that it's (almost) not September any more, doesn't that make it history? (insert emoji of choice)
09-30-2020, 01:25 AM   #852
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
6 hrs to go ................ aahh wait Covid September is ........... December ....... just in time for Christmas
09-30-2020, 01:29 AM   #853
bxf
Veteran Member

...majority of complaints were targeting no tilt/ flip screen fact.
That probably because we have virtually no knowledge of any other specs, so we cannot complain about the unknown... except about the fact that no specs are being released
09-30-2020, 01:43 AM - 3 Likes   #854
Pentaxian

it's already end of the month - and again we have "delayed" new pentax camera introducing to the market.

(...)
We have, definitely, by lending credence to the unfounded clickbait statement made by some nobody on the Internet.

The KNEW was never intended to be announced in September to begin with.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/406740-pentax-k-3-...ml#post4985391
09-30-2020, 02:14 AM   #855

A stop more noise reduction than a K-P. 10 FPS both in AF.s and with tracking turned on, with a 60 shot buffer that doesn't lock up the camera while it clears, and clears much faster than any current Pentax. I'd like the 60 shot buffer to clear in 1/4 the time my current 23 shot buffer does .15 EV DR, (OK I'd settle for 14), and 30 MP with a tilting back screen. AF points that go almost to the edge of the sensor and I think 30 MP would keep me from missing the resolution of my K-1 sensor....
And maybe electronic shutter, to avoid shutter shock in short exposition, extra long focal length fotography (birdwatching, astro imaging, ...)