Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 54 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2020, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Just like mirrorless cameras with EVFs! (see how I keep this post on topic?)

On the other hand, the views of green grass, leaves on trees, and flowers will look mighty fine in January.

- Craig
Oh and forget it’s winter outside and run with no coat. Fake view

08-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MetalUndivided Quote
]. Since your eyes can't focus independently of each other, every time you take your eye off the EVF to look at your subject, you have to refocus. No such need with an OVF.
You could put the evf 6-7 meters in front of the camera, compensate by making it 1.5 meter diagonal with a large shade to eliminate glare. The only problem left is how to see your actual subject with the evf in the way.
08-09-2020, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #18
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
On rainy days, you can play back some sunshine!

Yer power bill is gonna go up, though.
<sarcasm>
The windows will have Being Looked At Detection (BLAD®) so they will only power up when a person is looking at them. Just don't wear sunglasses. And DO NOT BLINK when walking into the room - or there will be Detection Lag. (Please refer to the EUL for proper looking out the window capabilities)
</sarcasm>

Aside:
Tony N bashing something - whoda thunk it.
08-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now stay tuned for attack of the mirrorlessians. (Apologies to Pentaxians)

08-10-2020, 04:39 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Aha, the Achilles heel of the MILC! I happen to like mirrorless and I have two Samsung NX bodies. I will keep my two Pentaxes around for doing action photography. I haven't done much of that lately, but it's good to keep in mind that a real time OVF is good to have. Horses for courses.
08-11-2020, 10:49 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Optical glass is so 1980s. At our house, we're thinking of replacing all the windows with 4K monitors wired to video cameras installed outside. Think of the advantages!

- Craig
If you are home on a stay-cation due to the pandemic you can change your window views to exotic places!
08-11-2020, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

I want hybrid windows at least for when the power goes out. I also can add a virtual birdfeeder to the tree outside and have exotic birds visit it.

08-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #23
Pentaxian

This is one of the reasons that I prefer an OVF over an EVF. I'm not opposed to a very good EVF like the one in the Panasonic G9 and the Nikon Z bodies, but it's going to be many years before the lag is almost gone. I don't think they'll ever eliminate the lag completely, unless they find a way to beat physics.
08-11-2020, 01:15 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
This is one of the reasons that I prefer an OVF over an EVF. I'm not opposed to a very good EVF like the one in the Panasonic G9 and the Nikon Z bodies, but it's going to be many years before the lag is almost gone. I don't think they'll ever eliminate the lag completely, unless they find a way to beat physics.
Let's not kid ourselves, an OVF has a lag, too.

If you're 100m from a bird you're really seeing the bird as it existed 333 nanoseconds in the past.
08-11-2020, 02:21 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Tony who?
08-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Let's not kid ourselves, an OVF has a lag, too.

If you're 100m from a bird you're really seeing the bird as it existed 333 nanoseconds in the past.
Yeah, but how would that translate in the EVF? 888 nanoseconds? Hahaha!
08-12-2020, 03:10 AM - 3 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Problem solved: I use a flux capacitor in my EVF which looks at the actual scene about 50ms into the future so that when I'm using it, it's showing the same view that an OVF would - drains the batteries awful fast though!
The solution, of course, is only to take action photographs in the middle of violent lightning storms, where 1.21 gigawatts of power are easily obtainable. While many sporting events are actually cancelled during these sorts of lightning displays, I am certain if the sports leagues understood the needs of the MILC community, they would happily schedule sporting events only during these storms.

It certainly seems like a reasonable solution to me.