Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 59 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2020, 07:35 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Anyone notice that the it is called the K-3 III

Will the naysayers now start an "eat crow" thread where they analyze the error of their ways and promise to do better in the future?

You don't automatically learn from your mistakes. You have to work at it.
I am surprised at the name - it doesn't suggest as much change as Pentax had implied. but the specs do look good.

10-27-2020, 07:41 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I am surprised at the name - it doesn't suggest as much change as Pentax had implied. but the specs do look good.
IMO the only thing it implies to me is the latest iteration of Pentax flagship APS-C series, as it should. In that vein I'd expect a new K-1 to be the K1 Mk3, and a new entry-level APS-C, guessing to be mentioned early Spring, to be named the K-90.

Last edited by gatorguy; 10-27-2020 at 08:23 AM.
10-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
IMO the only thing it implies to me is the latest iteration of Pentax flagship APS-C series, as it should. In that vein I'd expect a new K-1 to be the K1 Mk, and a new entry-level APS-C, guessing to be mentioned early Spring, to be named the K-90.
In the sequence K-7, K-5, K-3, a major change was marked by a change in digit, and a "mark ii" indicated a 'minor' change.
If they do introduce a "K-90", and it includes an aperture control via solenoid, they had better be prepared for a series of lawsuits or other expenditures if they do not finally get it right.
10-27-2020, 08:26 AM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
In the sequence K-7, K-5, K-3, a major change was marked by a change in digit, and a "mark ii" indicated a 'minor' change.
If they do introduce a "K-90", and it includes an aperture control via solenoid, they had better be prepared for a series of lawsuits or other expenditures if they do not finally get it right.
I think we can worry about solenoid's and such if/when a K-90 is announced. Yes we all know about solenoid's at this juncture and have varying opinions on the newest ones. Let's not go there.