QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I heard no flippy screen...

10-15-2020, 06:20 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But if you import the photos of K-new into Silkypix and really crank up the contrast you can see this little indentation that unnamed world-renowned human physiology experts have said could have no other function than to insert a fingernail to release a flippy screen... all the proof I need.
10-15-2020, 06:58 AM - 2 Likes   #48
Veteran Member

Source? If you're going to suggest a revolutionary, whisper quiet flippy screen the least you can do is provide a link to your source.
All these unfounded rumors and opinions guised as facts are killing the integrity of Pentax Forums.
10-15-2020, 08:07 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Source? If you're going to suggest a revolutionary, whisper quiet flippy screen the least you can do is provide a link to your source.
All these unfounded rumors and opinions guised as facts are killing the integrity of Pentax Forums.
Just an unhelpful bad joke, he wasn't implying it had one. It's all good.

10-15-2020, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

The no flippy screen has been confirmed. The 90% probability I won't buy the camera is also confirmed.
10-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #51
Pentaxian

I think that I have missed a few episodes ... wasn't this flagship to be announced a while ago?
10-15-2020, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
K-3 III doesn't sound that good; sounds like stuttering
That's why if they go that route, I'd call it the K-3^3 (K-3 cubed).

10-15-2020, 08:36 AM - 3 Likes   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Just an unhelpful bad joke, he wasn't implying it had one. It's all good.

I thought it was pretty obvious, but apparently not. So, here's the obligatory /s
10-15-2020, 08:42 AM - 3 Likes   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
That's why if they go that route, I'd call it the K-3^3 (K-3 cubed).
Wouldn't that be the 9th iteration then?

Dear Ricoh, if you name the K-New "K3 Mk III" or anything similar, I'm going to scratch it out and write 'Yet Another Goofy, Nonsensical, Irrelevant
Model Iteration' in its place. Call it "Fred" and be done with it.

OR......., call it the 'Knew'. Problem solved. The model after can be the 'Knxt'.
10-15-2020, 08:56 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I think that I have missed a few episodes ... wasn't this flagship to be announced a while ago?
In my mind, I don't recall that Ricoh Imaging had indicated any firm date for an announcement. My understanding from their recent video statements is that they have been non-committal as to a specific date.

In their first video published on 15 May 2020, the head of the new camera development indicated that "We have some concerns about factors such as delayed delivery from suppliers [owing to the pandemic]. But our factory managers have assured us that they will do everything possible to prevent any delay. Despite all the difficulties, I still believe we can make it happen [i.e., launch in 2020].

The head of Marketing, Kawauchi-san, summarized the status with "You can expect the arrival of the new APS-C format SLR flagship by the end of this year [2020]."

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 10-15-2020 at 03:57 PM.
10-15-2020, 09:15 AM   #56
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
You mean the highlight correction mode ? Where you loose 1Ev...
I think it was GRIII's highlight weighted metering which was meant.
I guess I would have to see the GR III's highlight-weighted metering in action, say in M mode with fixed ISO, to see if it actually sets indicates less exposure. The highlight correction feature in current dSLRs does not.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-15-2020 at 11:23 AM. Reason: clarity
10-15-2020, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #57
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I guess I would have to see the GR III's highlight-weighted metering in action, say in M mode with fixed ISO, to see if it actually sets less exposure. The highlight correction feature in current dSLRs does not.

Steve
In M mode the camera doesn't set any exposure as you know. You must be meaning something else? Highlight correction and highlight weighted metering are different things.
10-15-2020, 11:07 AM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The OP did not pass judgement regarding ISO 819200. It was a downstream comment from another user.

Just for kicks and giggles, here are two 100% crops from the PF in-depth review of the KP at ISO 819200.

Nighttime:

From: Pentax KP Review - High ISO Low Light Performance | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Actual image is 1500x1000px and may have been downsized by your browser.

Daylight:

From: Pentax KP Review - High ISO Daylight Performance | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Actual image is 1500x1000px and may have been downsized by your browser.

Steve
Better is to look at the whole picture.
If you are taking a photo of Daryl, the "Abdominal Snowman" any passably good photo is better than nothing - and I have gotten that.
I would never hang the below photo on the wall - unless it was at the local post office - but it does identify a thief as seen from light from our house.

10-15-2020, 11:15 AM   #59
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
In M mode the camera doesn't set any exposure as you know. You must be meaning something else?
No, I meant what I wrote...sort of. I will edit to clarify. Highlight metering is supposedly a metering mode on the GR III and that camera supports metered manual.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-15-2020 at 11:22 AM.
10-15-2020, 11:20 AM   #60
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Better is to look at the whole picture.
If you are taking a photo of Daryl, the "Abdominal Snowman" any passably good photo is better than nothing - and I have gotten that.
I would never hang the below photo on the wall - unless it was at the local post office - but it does identify a thief as seen from light from our house.

Obviously Daryl in a mask or his equally hairy cousin. Still though, not bad for ISO 65535. Do you have one at 819200?

Steve