Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2020, 05:19 AM   #31
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 39,654
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Pixel shift and IBIS are things others offer also. Ergonomics is different for everyone.
Some other brands offer Pixel Shift and iBIS. The big two, Canon and Nikon don't, unless they are in their MILCs.
And what about the low cost for a 36 MP FF with those features.

MY point was, you can pay more and get less.

As for the brand ambassador thing, what you know is someone got him a preproduction 70-210. That doesn't mean he's being paid. He wasn't brand ambassador when he bought his K-1000 that he proudly displays. Let's stick to the known facts.

Brand AMbassador's pretest ne equipment, but does that mean everyone who gets new equipment to test I brand Ambassador? I somehow doubt that's true. Brand beta tester could be another way of doing it. And it's likely they have more beta testers than they have ambassadors.


Last edited by normhead; 10-24-2020 at 05:26 AM.
10-24-2020, 06:14 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2019
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,672
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Well, that's three and all in the USA. Are there any others world-wide? I could not find any link to any others in the world on that website, and it does not say that those are specifically USA ones (which would imply there are others). It does not help that the ".com" URL extension can mean either USA or worldwide, a pet peeve of mine
Kunzite already replied, that's what I get for not reading everything .

From the Europe photographers I was familiar mostly with Matt Emmett's work, found him out last year by chance. Haven't seen any photographer featured on the Australia page of Ricoh, though, for example.
10-24-2020, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,956
It good to see someone doing Pentax videos. I have to say he should work his script a bit because hes not communicating very well. Made me realize all those other youtubers have a real skill making it seem effortless and relatively on point.
10-24-2020, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #34
-
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,745
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
It good to see someone doing Pentax videos. I have to say he should work his script a bit because hes not communicating very well. Made me realize all those other youtubers have a real skill making it seem effortless and relatively on point.
I shouldn't imagine scripts are his priority. He's only posted 21 videos in two years... It's clear he's a professional photographer who makes the occasional video, rather than a professional content provider using photography as his vehicle, like many of the others you refer to...

10-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,007
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Are there any others world-wide?
Four more in Europe. I don't know about Asia.


Steve
10-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,007
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I shouldn't imagine scripts are his priority. He's only posted 21 videos in two years... It's clear he's a professional photographer who makes the occasional video, rather than a professional content provider using photography as his vehicle, like many of the others you refer to...
He also does tours and private workshops. With social distancing and the severity of the pandemic in Northern Italy, I expect he is seeing some thin times.

That aside, he is not a prolific blogger or influencer. Whether he gets compensated for promoting Kase filters or Sirui tripods is hard to say. He is not promoting either very vigorously.


Steve
10-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #37
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 15,051
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That aside, he is not a prolific blogger or influencer. Whether he gets compensated for promoting Kase filters or Sirui tripods is hard to say. He is not promoting either very vigorously.
I doubt there's much compensation if any, besides lending equipment and some nice discounts I'd guess.
Clearly, he's not trying to make money out of promoting. Why can't we be happy with someone speaking up for Pentax?

10-24-2020, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,750
People who eschew FaceBook wouldn’t be aware that Matt has a good following on his Pentax K-1 page. He’s also very helpful to people there in sharing photos and advising. He presumably gets some share of the advertising revenue from that, but good luck to him if he does. He also has a fairly well-trafficked website, from which (and from FaceBook) he advertises his photographic expeditions. This site gets regular references from his FaceBook page.
10-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #39
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
People who eschew FaceBook wouldn’t be aware that Matt has a good following on his Pentax K-1 page. He’s also very helpful to people there in sharing photos and advising. He presumably gets some share of the advertising revenue from that, but good luck to him if he does. He also has a fairly well-trafficked website, from which (and from FaceBook) he advertises his photographic expeditions. This site gets regular references from his FaceBook page.
he seems a nice enough guy.... like the rest of us pentax people....
10-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #40
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 15,051
Trying to make a living as a professional photographer is perfectly fine, and it isn't what I meant in my previous post.
10-25-2020, 12:37 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,750
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
he seems a nice enough guy.... like the rest of us pentax people....
Well, of course.
10-25-2020, 02:48 AM - 2 Likes   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 25,640
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Pixel shift and IBIS are things others offer also. Ergonomics is different for everyone.
I think Sony's pixel shift is a little more clumsy with regard to implementation. IBIS are not currently available on Canon and Nikon SLRs either (although I understand they are ditching those mounts in the long term).

I do think you'll probably find a lot of the folks around here to be partial to Pentax and videos like this one give us a little bit of affirmation for our choice. There is pretty little positive press about Pentax, generally speaking, and so you must forgive us if we appreciate those who have kind words for our chosen brand.

Last edited by Rondec; 10-26-2020 at 02:34 AM.
10-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #43
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 94
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
It good to see someone doing Pentax videos. I have to say he should work his script a bit because hes not communicating very well. Made me realize all those other youtubers have a real skill making it seem effortless and relatively on point.
I think that's his strong point: not using a script but just telling what he wants te tell, rigth from his heart and doing that enthousiastically. That's better than making a scripted video. It makes that we keep listening to him and that we believe him.
10-25-2020, 11:51 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,989
QuoteOriginally posted by myrdinn Quote
I think that's his strong point: not using a script but just telling what he wants te tell, rigth from his heart and doing that enthousiastically. That's better than making a scripted video. It makes that we keep listening to him and that we believe him.
Until reading this thread, I had no idea how much controversy could be created by making a Pentax video!
10-26-2020, 03:18 AM   #45
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,446
Wow !
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brand, brands, landscape camera, lens, lettering, matt bishop, pentax 15-30mm f/2.8, pentax 24-70 f2.8, pentax 70-200 f/2.8, pentax k-1, pentax k-1 ii, pentax news, pentax rumors, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abstract The Bishop Heinno Photo Critique 7 01-06-2014 05:56 PM
Nature Orange Bishop crewl1 Post Your Photos! 8 07-14-2011 07:22 AM
Bishop's Castle (Part 2) fillerupmac Post Your Photos! 3 05-12-2009 05:12 PM
Bishop's Castle (Part 1) fillerupmac Post Your Photos! 6 05-11-2009 11:45 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top