Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2020, 05:19 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Pixel shift and IBIS are things others offer also. Ergonomics is different for everyone.
Some other brands offer Pixel Shift and iBIS. The big two, Canon and Nikon don't, unless they are in their MILCs.
And what about the low cost for a 36 MP FF with those features.

MY point was, you can pay more and get less.

As for the brand ambassador thing, what you know is someone got him a preproduction 70-210. That doesn't mean he's being paid. He wasn't brand ambassador when he bought his K-1000 that he proudly displays. Let's stick to the known facts.

Brand AMbassador's pretest ne equipment, but does that mean everyone who gets new equipment to test I brand Ambassador? I somehow doubt that's true. Brand beta tester could be another way of doing it. And it's likely they have more beta testers than they have ambassadors.

Last edited by normhead; 10-24-2020 at 05:26 AM.
10-24-2020, 06:14 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Well, that's three and all in the USA. Are there any others world-wide? I could not find any link to any others in the world on that website, and it does not say that those are specifically USA ones (which would imply there are others). It does not help that the ".com" URL extension can mean either USA or worldwide, a pet peeve of mine
Kunzite already replied, that's what I get for not reading everything .

From the Europe photographers I was familiar mostly with Matt Emmett's work, found him out last year by chance. Haven't seen any photographer featured on the Australia page of Ricoh, though, for example.
10-24-2020, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

It good to see someone doing Pentax videos. I have to say he should work his script a bit because hes not communicating very well. Made me realize all those other youtubers have a real skill making it seem effortless and relatively on point.
10-24-2020, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #34
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
It good to see someone doing Pentax videos. I have to say he should work his script a bit because hes not communicating very well. Made me realize all those other youtubers have a real skill making it seem effortless and relatively on point.
I shouldn't imagine scripts are his priority. He's only posted 21 videos in two years... It's clear he's a professional photographer who makes the occasional video, rather than a professional content provider using photography as his vehicle, like many of the others you refer to...

10-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Are there any others world-wide?
Four more in Europe. I don't know about Asia.

Steve
10-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I shouldn't imagine scripts are his priority. He's only posted 21 videos in two years... It's clear he's a professional photographer who makes the occasional video, rather than a professional content provider using photography as his vehicle, like many of the others you refer to...
He also does tours and private workshops. With social distancing and the severity of the pandemic in Northern Italy, I expect he is seeing some thin times.

That aside, he is not a prolific blogger or influencer. Whether he gets compensated for promoting Kase filters or Sirui tripods is hard to say. He is not promoting either very vigorously.

Steve
10-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That aside, he is not a prolific blogger or influencer. Whether he gets compensated for promoting Kase filters or Sirui tripods is hard to say. He is not promoting either very vigorously.
I doubt there's much compensation if any, besides lending equipment and some nice discounts I'd guess.
Clearly, he's not trying to make money out of promoting. Why can't we be happy with someone speaking up for Pentax?

10-24-2020, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
People who eschew FaceBook wouldn’t be aware that Matt has a good following on his Pentax K-1 page. He’s also very helpful to people there in sharing photos and advising. He presumably gets some share of the advertising revenue from that, but good luck to him if he does. He also has a fairly well-trafficked website, from which (and from FaceBook) he advertises his photographic expeditions. This site gets regular references from his FaceBook page.
10-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
People who eschew FaceBook wouldn’t be aware that Matt has a good following on his Pentax K-1 page. He’s also very helpful to people there in sharing photos and advising. He presumably gets some share of the advertising revenue from that, but good luck to him if he does. He also has a fairly well-trafficked website, from which (and from FaceBook) he advertises his photographic expeditions. This site gets regular references from his FaceBook page.
he seems a nice enough guy.... like the rest of us pentax people....
10-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Trying to make a living as a professional photographer is perfectly fine, and it isn't what I meant in my previous post.
10-25-2020, 12:37 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
he seems a nice enough guy.... like the rest of us pentax people....
Well, of course.
10-25-2020, 02:48 AM - 2 Likes   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Pixel shift and IBIS are things others offer also. Ergonomics is different for everyone.
I think Sony's pixel shift is a little more clumsy with regard to implementation. IBIS are not currently available on Canon and Nikon SLRs either (although I understand they are ditching those mounts in the long term).

I do think you'll probably find a lot of the folks around here to be partial to Pentax and videos like this one give us a little bit of affirmation for our choice. There is pretty little positive press about Pentax, generally speaking, and so you must forgive us if we appreciate those who have kind words for our chosen brand.

Last edited by Rondec; 10-26-2020 at 02:34 AM.
10-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #43
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
I think that's his strong point: not using a script but just telling what he wants te tell, rigth from his heart and doing that enthousiastically. That's better than making a scripted video. It makes that we keep listening to him and that we believe him.
10-25-2020, 11:51 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by myrdinn Quote
I think that's his strong point: not using a script but just telling what he wants te tell, rigth from his heart and doing that enthousiastically. That's better than making a scripted video. It makes that we keep listening to him and that we believe him.
Until reading this thread, I had no idea how much controversy could be created by making a Pentax video!
10-26-2020, 03:18 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow !