Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ottawa -- Camera Trading Company renewed business in 2021

Edit: The new owner of the Camera Trading Company business has kindly let us know that the enterprise will continue as an online store only. Please see Post #7 below.

------

For those who have dealt with used-gear dealer Camera Trading Company in Ottawa, either in store or online, I just came across a notice that their business will close in early 2021.

"Camera Trading Company will be closing early in the new year.

To our many valued clients and friends in Ottawa and across Canada and the USA, we extend our sincere thanks for your patronage over these many years. We have enjoyed every minute of it, and we hope that, in our small way, we have returned the favour and made a positive contribution to your lives and to the photographic community."

We Sell Used Cameras, Used Lenses, ? Camera Trading Company

They are trying to sell off their inventory and are inviting customers to "make an offer."

A while ago, they were intending to close the business, but decided to maintain their Bank Street store at reduced hours, Saturdays only. I guess they're now closing for good.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 02-25-2021 at 04:35 PM.
11-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

This is sad news. this shows how the camera business is sinking in general. and I frankly think we havent seen nothing yet. The R&D sector of many brands must be in limbo, so 2021 I presume will e a very bleak year for camera industry in general.
11-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
For those who have dealt with used-gear dealer Camera Trading Company in Ottawa, either in store or online, I just came across a notice that their business will close in early 2021.

"Camera Trading Company will be closing early in the new year.

To our many valued clients and friends in Ottawa and across Canada and the USA, we extend our sincere thanks for your patronage over these many years. We have enjoyed every minute of it, and we hope that, in our small way, we have returned the favour and made a positive contribution to your lives and to the photographic community."

We Sell Used Cameras, Used Lenses, ? Camera Trading Company

They are trying to sell off their inventory and are inviting customers to "make an offer."

A while ago, they were intending to close the business, but decided to maintain their Bank Street store at reduced hours, Saturdays only. I guess they're now closing for good.

- Craig
Sad news. We lost our one local camera store in August, leaves only on-line order options. Will miss seeing the different reps stopping buy and being able to handle equipment before purchase.

Last edited by mlt; 11-04-2020 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Spell check
11-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sad news indeed. While on my trips out to Yellowstone I always stopped at Bob's Photo in Bismarck, North Dakota and Camera Cottage in Billings. Montana. They even carried Pentax! Got my K1 and D FA 28-105 at Camera Cottage. Both closed in the last few years.

11-04-2020, 04:19 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sad news, indeed, although I think the two guys who own/run the operation were thinking of retiring a couple of years ago. I think their clientele convinced them to continue; they increased their online operation and reduced their store hours to Saturday only.

It's a relatively small shop, with one counter and shelving to the ceiling plugged with cameras, lenses, and other gear. They deal only in used equipment.

I've bought a few small things from them over the years, and always found them to be friendly and ready to answer questions. There were always a few customers inside each time I visited. They seemed to have a generous stock of Pentax stuff, and the lenses I looked at were in fine condition.

- Craig
11-04-2020, 04:23 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the post, and the link. I will see what I might be able to use.
02-25-2021, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #7

Here is some good news.
Camera Trading Company is NOT closing. The physical store is closed, but we are still buying and selling used camera equipment at great prices online
We hope that you will visit us there www.cameratradingcompany.com. Mark and Tom have retired and the new owner (me), while he cannot fill their shoes ,hopes to continue their tradition of happy customers.

02-25-2021, 04:33 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Camera-Trader Quote
Here is some good news.Camera Trading Company is NOT closing. The physical store is closed, but we are still buying and selling used camera equipment at great prices onlineWe hope that you will visit us there We Sell Used Cameras, Used Lenses, ? Camera Trading Company. Mark and Tom have retired and the new owner (me), while he cannot fill their shoes ,hopes to continue their tradition of happy customers.
Hi, @Camera-Trader, and welcome to Pentax Forums!

Very kind of you to mention the new enterprise and let us know that the trade continues.

I think I speak on behalf of other Ottawa photographers that the physical storefront will be missed, but we're glad that there's still a great source for used gear.

I'll edit my first post in this thread to alert readers to your message.

Cheers,

- Craig
02-25-2021, 04:43 PM   #9
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Camera-Trader Quote
Here is some good news. . . . we are still buying and selling used camera equipment at great prices online
We hope that you will visit us there We Sell Used Cameras, Used Lenses, ? Camera Trading Company. Mark and Tom have retired and the new owner (me), while he cannot fill their shoes ,hopes to continue their tradition of happy customers.
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

good luck with the business