Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2020, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Thanks See my edit to the post above, which I was writing when you responded...

Regarding share prices, I take your point. In which case, could one say that market capitalisation of a publicly traded company is equivalent to "brand value"?
They both measure trust in the company, more than any actual value, so I'd say they have a lot in common at least.

11-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, for us, Pentax is the top of the list.
11-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
If it's intangible (i.e. "something that exists but that cannot be touched, exactly described, or given an exact value") yet represents monetary value based on brand awareness and moral reputation ("how positive the image is"), how on earth does someone measure that objectively and unambiguously? Is the methodology clearly explained anywhere? Is there a formula?

Colour me confused

EDIT: OK... I've re-read your last post and you mention "goodwill". I think I may understand a little better, now... So is "brand value" the entire proposed financial value of the brand - tangible and intangible, including goodwill - or is it just the goodwill portion?

I'm not an accountant, but I suspect this is primarily relevant in valuation prior to sale, acquisition, raising capital / borrowing etc. - no?
There are tons of formulas in the literature....but I wouldn't expect them to tell us much in the way of how likely our favourite photography company is to survive.
11-10-2020, 11:33 PM   #19

Not sure internationally, but in Japan Fuji have a high reputation from way back.