Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #151
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I love street photography and if done right, is truly an art.
I love shooting wildlife and birds in particular.

I can appreciate most any type of image, but out of focus images are not acceptable...

Having already answered this subject much earlier, maybe this is unwelcome. But I have to agree with the above statements. Also I appreciate many forms of photography - IF IT'S DONE RIGHT, but as stated earlier - I hate those pieces of crap that people think they are doing ART! That's THEIR opinion, only.

Art is in the eye of the beholder, but photographs which appeal are the real measure of success. And what appeals to some may not appeal to others. That's the way life is.

12-15-2008, 06:57 AM   #152

I dislike/hate when i have to shoot interview photos, and social events, weddings, birthdays, club parties that kind of stuff. And that is almost every day, part of my job... a financial newspaper and Time Out magazine.
12-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #153

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Quote
Homeless photos. Especially the ones when they are desperate for food. Why paparazzi for the homeless? I'd never have the gall to take a shot of a homeless person desperate for food. Instead of giving him something to munch on, you take his picture? Gimme a break. :ugh:
The homeless, at least in America, tend to be the result of a break down of the education and mental health systems. Publicizing such crises can only help.

You can give that homeless man a sandwich every day, but he'll still be on the street until the nation is shocked into fixing the safety net that is supposed to keep the schizophrenic from sleeping on sewer grates.

My answer? Arms length myspace photos. Nearly every other cliche in this thread has an exception. Not so for photographs with visible extended forearm!
12-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #154

wow..i don't think ill ever post an image on this forum...at least none had mentioned my favorite type of photography in this thread..so ill stay quiet..

12-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ferals_m38 Quote
wow..i don't think ill ever post an image on this forum...at least none had mentioned my favorite type of photography in this thread..so ill stay quiet..
Ah, come on now. If you read my post here, you'll see that I like it all. So hey, post those photos!
12-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kranrev Quote
Nearly every other cliche in this thread has an exception. Not so for photographs with visible extended forearm!
Damn, another of my signature styles shot down ...
12-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #157
Veteran Member

photos of angry dogs running through a city with too many cars, chasing a terrified out-of-place scooter riding person with a basket full of oddly coloured fruit that was selective coloured only to highlight the blue bananas.

I hate those!!

Jason

12-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
photos of angry dogs running through a city with too many cars, chasing a terrified out-of-place scooter riding person with a basket full of oddly coloured fruit that was selective coloured only to highlight the blue bananas.

I hate those!!

Jason
Never saw any of those. Would you, by any chance, have a sample?
12-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #159
Pentaxian

Mediocre snaps with a copyright/author watermark on them.
12-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #160

Photos: Albums
[QUOTE=Marc Sabatella;418853]You know, I'd be inclined to agree, except that someone I think is an an absolutely *amazing* photographer - Keitha McCall - pretty much defines herself this way:

How about badly done hi-key photos then...
12-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #161
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Easy "dislike" answer: unintentionally blurred/OOF (out of focus) or underexposed/overexposed images. However, sometimes that can even be a compelling image - it depends on many things.

Everything else is valid if it works for you. Otherwise just acknowledge you don't like it (no need to comment) and move along... unless they've asked you for critique...

Regards,
Marc
Well said Marc and I agree. There is nothing worse than criticism masked as so called constructive criticism when in fact it often boils down to an "opinion" anyway.
12-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
selective coloured only to highlight the blue bananas.
damn... did the dog managed to bite the poor scooter rider?

I rarely have seen any photo I "hate"... its more of the message behind the photos... If it was taken for the sake of the "ART", then I dont get it... its like going to look at an impressionist painting, Abstract and modern art, or worst still, Interpretive dance... i just dont "get it"

I do hate the pretentious photographer who tries to pull out all the BS in the world to make their photo more artsy... eg, A photo of a child playing tug of war with a dog was describe as "The eternal struggle for dominance of man over nature"... WTF?!? get over yourself....

I love photos that can make smile, amaze me, and make me wonder, and make me remember times I may have forgotten (OMG, check out that big afro/bee hive my mom had back in the 70's)

At the end of the day, just take photos that you enjoy.... let the pro's worry about what people like or dislike
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #163
Inactive Account

When I worked at Fuji Film as a lab tech about 8 years ago, I was shocked by the number of people who took pictures of their deceased relatives or friends in their coffins at a funeral service. Maybe it's only me but I think it's morbid.

Barry
12-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #164

there was a fashion advert a few years back that had the models with make ups and posed as if they were dead.... errrr.....

oh, and another one type of photo category i dont like is photos who sexualise children fro the sake of "art" or fashion....
12-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #165
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shutterpuppy Quote
When I worked at Fuji Film as a lab tech about 8 years ago, I was shocked by the number of people who took pictures of their deceased relatives or friends in their coffins at a funeral service. Maybe it's only me but I think it's morbid.

Barry
When I thought about the question the OP posted, my mind never wandered to a place like that! People really take photos of deceased relatives in caskets?!? You have to be kidding. Uh, yeah, that is morbid alright.