Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #226
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
Is there a requirement for entries to be digital? What is your stand on film based photography? Do you exclude them? If someone is going to submit a non-Pentax image, surely they'll change the EXIF data anyway?

Nige.
OK,call me stupid but I have no idea how one could alter the EXIF data. Seems like it would put a lot of photo contest is jeopardy i.e. I could scan a National Geographic photo of a lion and her cub from the 70's and say I took the picture last week. Ahhh I can smell the lawsuits already.

02-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #227
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shutterpuppy Quote
OK,call me stupid but I have no idea how one could alter the EXIF data.
I'm pretty sure there's EXIF editors about. I think only Canon and their top 1D?? cameras have a tool that verifies nothing has been altered with a image produced by their camera. I assume that means both picture content (pixels) and associated data (EXIF) but someone can verify/correct me on that.
02-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #228
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
I'm pretty sure there's EXIF editors about. ....
I haven't used it, but ExifTool can do it.
02-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #229
Forum Member

I use the exifier to re-add the EXIF info after it gets lost somewhere in my raw conversion process. It's a pain, but I only need this for PPG anyway.

02-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shutterpuppy Quote
OK,call me stupid but I have no idea how one could alter the EXIF data. Seems like it would put a lot of photo contest is jeopardy i.e. I could scan a National Geographic photo of a lion and her cub from the 70's and say I took the picture last week. Ahhh I can smell the lawsuits already.
Pretty much any decent image management program can alter EXIF. people do it all the time to correct wrong dates set in the camera, wrong lens info if they entered the wrong SR focal length or had SR turned off (for manual lenses), to enter copyright info, etc.

And yes, it does mean people are on the honor system in entering contests.
02-23-2009, 03:53 AM   #231
Veteran Member

moved to everthing else section.