Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2021, 05:43 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
For $6,000 the 100S is the way to go I think. When I bought the 645Z last year I looked at the GFX 50r and 50s. I really liked the 50s but always wanted the 645Z and I got it for a great deal from Ricohs refurbished site.

I can't see many people spending the extra $4,000 for the GFX100 just for the built in grip and I think a little better EVF, I think most everything else is the same. And I can see people looking at the 50r and 50s and thinking well it's only a few thousand more for the 100s let me get that.
If I was in for buying this or GFX50s(new) Iíd go for 100s. Original GFX100 offers just dual battery and bad grip and it is ugly. Good thing(and bad) is that I donít have to get it... looking forward of good bargains from previous gen 645 shooters. Many are looking at this now.

01-29-2021, 06:28 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
The camera is the hook. Then come the lenses. And for resolving the 102Mp the lenses must be good. In the GF lineup, the 32-64 isn't up to the task, go for primes or the 45-100 and 2 x primes, that's goes to 6K (body)+3x2.5K (lenses) , 13.5K total, not cheap at all.
I know they have a couple lenses that don't get recommended but most of them do seem to be up for the resolution. I wonder if they have a list of lenses that they recommended for use on the 102mp bodies, when Canon released the 50mp 5dsr years ago they put out a list of lenses for use with it.

Price is all subjective, for some $13.5k is completely out of the question and for others it's a bargain. For someone thinking about a K70 they wouldn't even consider it but for the shooter looking at the larger sensor Hasselblad and Phaseone medium format systems the Fuji is a better choice with return on investment most likely.

I remember about five years ago Pentax had the 645Z starter kit. It was the body and three lenses in a nice hard travel case that was around $15K at B&H.
01-29-2021, 07:05 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
IMO the Fuji is for "special needs" and not as a regular shooter
Agree 100%.

I shot the GFX100 at a show. Fuji gave us an SD card to keep. I brought back the files to my Macbook Pro (16GB RAM, i7 processor) to process. The Files crashed Photoshop, Luminar and Capture One repeatedly until I gave up. If someone gets this camera, they need a beefed up computer to process the files.
01-29-2021, 07:57 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
I wonder if they have a list of lenses that they recommended for use on the 102mp bodies,
All the GF range were designed for the 102mp sensor.

In some cases,some lenses are not used correctly so get negative comments.Some users dont have the expertise for the system but have the $ to buy in.

A free Ebook is available for download by KenWheeler.He owns and uses professionally all the range of GFX gear.

01-29-2021, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
In some cases,some lenses are not used correctly so get negative comments.Some users dont have the expertise for the system but have the $ to buy in.
It's like people who criticize Pentax AF, if they get miss-focused shots it's because they don't know how to use the camera
01-29-2021, 12:13 PM   #21
Pentaxian

It's like people who criticize Pentax AF, if they get miss-focused shots it's because they don't know how to use the camera
Lol!

Too bad there is no e-book for learn to fix that. You have to do that hard way. Learn it yourself..one good way to get it more easy is to complain about it at forums. (Sarc.)
01-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #22
Pentaxian

It's like people who criticize
Ricoh,they have their heads in the sand.
01-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Ricoh,they have their heads in the sand.
It's another way of saying that their don't have an R&D budget up to the demand of some customers.

01-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #24
Pentaxian

the 32-64 isn't up to the task,
But it does this.

---------- Post added 01-30-21 at 07:03 AM ----------

R&D budget

They are famous for compact Dslr cameras,so they keep the budget similar.
01-29-2021, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

But it does this.
That's marketing. You can use a Takumar on the GFX100S (with an adapter). You can mean you are allowed to do it, doesn't mean you'll get pixel sharp pictures.

This guy in helicopter could have made the exact same video for Pentax, same sound, same video, just replacing a few words in his talk, saying Pentax instead of Fuji, and saying Pentax 645z instead of GFX. It would have sounded super cool.
01-29-2021, 09:33 PM   #26
Pentaxian

This guy in helicopter could have made the exact same video for Pentax, same sound, same video,
He may be able to when Pentax has a camera as capable as the one he used.I wonder if there will ever be a 100mp MF sensor stabilised Pentax?
01-30-2021, 12:42 AM   #27
Pentaxian

I wonder if there will ever be a 100mp MF sensor stabilised Pentax?
NRE for a new sensor is probably a few million USD. One must sell enough quantities of those camera are a price high enough (with enough marketing) to hope make a profit. Every company look at their situation and evaluate if they can make it or not. It's not a matter of a handful of customers asking for it.