Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2021, 02:52 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's not surprising.
Tamron, Sigma and Tokina are moving to mirrorless, I don't expect them to release new DSLR lenses. We have to get used with Laowa&co being the only 3rd-party choices.
Samyang is still making lenses for K mount and they’re great lenses. Don’t know how much longer that might last. I have the 35, 85 and 135, and plan to hang on to them.

03-18-2021, 08:27 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is a strange statement. Sigma USA current product for Pentax includes three EX series, three "Art" series, and two "Contemporary" series lenses (all well-regarded). I had a hard time pinning down actual Tamron offerings, but near as I can tell, the 17-50/2.8 is the sole remaining in Pentax-K.

Steve
Sigma stopped making lenses for Pentax over 18 months ago and don't list any lenses for K mount on their site WORLD WIDE
03-18-2021, 08:37 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
Sigma stopped making lenses for Pentax over 18 months ago and don't list any lenses for K mount on their site WORLD WIDE
I got my information straight from the Sigma USA page. I also noted that the same models are available at retail. FWIW, I also checked the SIGMA WORLD WIDE site and found no detail information about supported mounts.

Edit: I just did a repeat attempt and got the Global Vision face of SIGMA WORLD WIDE where I found the three "Art" and two "Contemporary" lenses I mentioned in the previous post:

Lenses | SIGMA Corporation

Edit #2" These are the models I found at Sigma USA's site with the Global Vision models also listed on the global site:
  • EX DG 15/2.8 Fisheye
  • EX DC 17-50/2.8 HSM
  • EX DC 10-20/3.5 HSM
  • 18-35/1.8 DC HSM | A
  • 30/1.4 DC HSM | A
  • 35/1.4 DG HSM | A
  • 17-70/2.8-4 DC Macro HSM | C
  • 18-200/3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM | C

Steve

(...checked before posting, strangely enough...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-18-2021 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Filled in the blanks.
03-19-2021, 08:03 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Sigma may still have some stock of K-mount lenses but they have completely stopped manufacturing them in order to concentrate on the plethora of new mirrorless mounts, which offer far more fertile ground for profits as their lens systems are usually much less filled out.

03-21-2021, 07:13 AM   #20
Pentaxian

It is deplorable that Sigma and Tamron abandoned Pentax, but there are more manufacturers left, apart from Laowa and Samyang which have been mentioned in this thread already.
03-21-2021, 08:44 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
We can only get new Tamron lenses if they say Pentax on them.
Yep, I have the Pentax 24-70mm F 2.8 lens and I like it, even if it is a rebadged Tamron lens with Pentax badging. As far as I can figure out you can get two Tamron made Pentax badged lenses...mine, I just described and the 15-30 lens.

There are not many, if any, haven't checked for awhile...Sigma K mount lenses either.
03-21-2021, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
As far as I can figure out you can get two Tamron made Pentax badged lenses...mine, I just described and the 15-30 lens.
D FA 70-210/4.0 is quite famously a twin Tamron 70-210/4.0.

Steve

03-21-2021, 11:25 AM   #23
Pentaxian

D FA 70-210/4.0 is quite famously a twin Tamron 70-210/4.0.

Steve
Another example !
03-26-2021, 01:40 AM   #24

I got my information straight from the Sigma USA page. I also noted that the same models are available at retail. FWIW, I also checked the SIGMA WORLD WIDE site and found no detail information about supported mounts.

Edit: I just did a repeat attempt and got the Global Vision face of SIGMA WORLD WIDE where I found the three "Art" and two "Contemporary" lenses I mentioned in the previous post:

Lenses | SIGMA Corporation

Edit #2" These are the models I found at Sigma USA's site with the Global Vision models also listed on the global site:
  • EX DG 15/2.8 Fisheye
  • EX DC 17-50/2.8 HSM
  • EX DC 10-20/3.5 HSM
  • 18-35/1.8 DC HSM | A
  • 30/1.4 DC HSM | A
  • 35/1.4 DG HSM | A
  • 17-70/2.8-4 DC Macro HSM | C
  • 18-200/3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM | C

Steve

(...checked before posting, strangely enough...)
OMG steve there is not listings of any pentax mounted lenses on the sigma worldwide website or australia or any other site ok, there do not make lenses for pentax any more, if you see one online at a store its old stock that has not been sold yet. END OF DISCUSSION
03-26-2021, 05:11 AM - 2 Likes   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

OMG steve there is not listings of any pentax mounted lenses on the sigma worldwide website or australia or any other site ok, there do not make lenses for pentax any more, if you see one online at a store its old stock that has not been sold yet. END OF DISCUSSION
Yes, they still have lenses for Pentax. A little research before making false declarations is advisable in the future.

BTW, you don't get to decide when discussions end.
Attached Images

Last edited by Parallax; 03-26-2021 at 07:34 AM.
03-26-2021, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

No, Sigma do not make lenses for the K-mount any more. Anything still available is stock from before this decision was made, or from before they used up all the K-mounts at the factory.

I'd prefer to go direct to the source but DPR handily have it translated from Czech.

Sigma halts production of Pentax K mount lenses to put its focus on mirrorless: Digital Photography Review.
03-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #27
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Anything still available is stock from before this decision was made, or from before they used up all the K-mounts at the factory.
Understood. I've edited my post to highlight the part of the post I was challenging.
03-26-2021, 10:14 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yes, they still have lenses for Pentax. A little research before making false declarations is advisable in the future.

Yeah I do as I have previously stated multiple times you all you people are wrong sigma do not makes lenses for pentax anymore and have not done for over 18 months no lenses are available on any sigma site world wide, any sigma lenses for pentax K mount are old stock made before they discontinued. What part of that dont you understand?
03-26-2021, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

END OF DISCUSSION
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
...though ending this one might not be a bad idea. The topic is pretty much wrung dry.

Yeah I do as I have previously stated multiple times you all you people are wrong
We are appropriately stung, I can assure you.

It appears you may wish to broaden your vision outside of AU. Keep in mind that presence/absence of product from a particular market is the decision of the importer/distributor for that market. Case in point might be the Pentax-FA 38/2.0 which disappeared from the North America and European markets for several years while still being available for sale in Asia; only to magically reappear worldwide for several more years before being refreshed to the current HD FA version.

I am curious, do you have a credible reference for the 18 month assertion.

As for ending discussions...boriscletoed...

Steve
03-26-2021, 11:07 AM   #30

...though ending this one might not be a bad idea. The topic is pretty much wrung dry.

We are appropriately stung, I can assure you.

It appears you may wish to broaden your vision outside of AU. Keep in mind that presence/absence of product from a particular market is the decision of the importer/distributor for that market. Case in point might be the Pentax-FA 38/2.0 which disappeared from the North America and European markets for several years while still being available for sale in Asia; only to magically reappear worldwide for several more years before being refreshed to the current HD FA version.

I am curious, do you have a credible reference for the 18 month assertion.

As for ending discussions...boriscletoed...

Steve
Well one credible source is my camera shop who told me over 18 months ago that sigma stopped making lenses for pentax K mount WORLD WIDE not just Australia, so i trust his information as he is a camera and lens supplier.
Also Sigma themselves announced over 18months ago that they had stopped making lenses for pentax, as I keep saying you may well get a sigma lens here and there that is old stock that has not been sold before the decision was made, no sigma site anywhere around the world lists lenses for the pentax K mount.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 03-26-2021 at 01:30 PM. Reason: disrespectful term deleted