Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What Happened to Ricoh Marketing?

Its like they've been taken over by Insta360 or Fujifilm. I keep on getting K3 mark 3 video reviews popping up in my YouTube Stream today.

A Quick search shows 11 so far: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pentax+k-3+mark+iii

04-01-2021, 12:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think what happened is someone finally gave them a budget!
04-01-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The online promo strategy has surely built some hype. Almost 8 years since the release of the K-3 probably also helps

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-01-2021, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Its like they've been taken over by Insta360 or Fujifilm. I keep on getting K3 mark 3 video reviews popping up in my YouTube Stream today.

A Quick search shows 11 so far: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pentax+k-3+mark+iii
Some of them are very helpful, However, there are a couple that are totally negative. one of the negative ones comes from a forum member who makes a few negative comments regarding Pentax Ambassadors, not very professional.

04-01-2021, 01:11 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All those videos are presenting us the same platitudes, after one minute I switch them off. I whish there was a video of someone using old manual lenses on this damn camera.
04-01-2021, 01:15 PM - 6 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
All those videos are presenting us the same platitudes, after one minute I switch them off. I whish there was a video of someone using old manual lenses on this damn camera.
I’ve seen at least two ambassadors use manual lenses in their videos. Matt Bishop uses a 50 (f/1.7?) and Mike Muizebelt uses I think it’s the A135. Perhaps if you didn’t switch the videos off after one minute, you would see this.
04-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I whish there was a video of someone using old manual lenses on this damn camera.
Did you see this one? Pentax-A* 135/1.8 at 5:57, I believe.

- Craig

04-01-2021, 01:19 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Some of them are very helpful, However, there are a couple that are totally negative. one of the negative ones comes from a forum member who makes a few negative comments regarding Pentax Ambassadors, not very professional.
I unfollowed that contributor ages ago for his negativeness. He proves himself again as a real “leader”.

I found the flood of content refreshing.

The take away from most “non ambassador” posts is an existential question about mirrors. Time will tell if this gamble was wise.

I can’t wait for the “post your k3 iii photos” thread when it opens.
04-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I’ve seen at least two ambassadors use manual lenses in their videos. Matt Bishop uses a 50 (f/1.7?) and Mike Muizebelt uses I think it’s the A135. Perhaps if you didn’t switch the videos off after one minute, you would see this.
Bishop and Muizebelt ... I'll look them up. Thanks.

---------- Post added 04-02-21 at 06:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Did you see this one? Pentax-A* 135/1.8 at 5:57, I believe.
- Craig
PENTAX K-3 Mark III ? Impression ? Mike Muizebelt (turn the CC on) - YouTube
Thanks.
04-01-2021, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Kai Wong vid isn't going to sell any units. Quite disappointing as he bought a KP (allegedly)

---------- Post added 04-01-21 at 01:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The online promo strategy has surely built some hype. Almost 8 years since the release of the K-3 probably also helps
Noooooooo my beloved K3 isn't that old, is it? ..... Well, she is aging very nicely
04-01-2021, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you talking about that jerk who started his video from bashing people who got K-3 for reviews? He is a forum member? Wow.
04-01-2021, 03:35 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

one of the negative ones comes from a forum member who makes a few negative comments regarding Pentax Ambassadors, not very professional.
He has a long-standing complaints about sponsored pros and his own difficulties getting product to review.

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I unfollowed that contributor ages ago for his negativeness. He proves himself again as a real “leader”.
I have been on the verge of doing so, but have chosen not to based on an impression that I shouldn't.

Steve
04-01-2021, 04:57 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Wait a minute? They lent Kai a camera?

He is a cruel person. They should have lent one to me instead.

Steve
04-01-2021, 05:54 PM   #14

Why? Old manual lenses will work just as well on this camera as they do any other APS-C Pentax body. It's about the least important thing to look at during of an initial impression of a brand new camera.
04-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #15
MSL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JMeyer Quote
Why? Old manual lenses will work just as well on this camera as they do any other APS-C Pentax body. It's about the least important thing to look at during of an initial impression of a brand new camera.
With the brighter viewfinder, I would think there is more scope for using legacy glass. Add to that, the lack of need for green button metering and the ability to record aperture information (if I'm understanding these new features correctly) and I think you have some very strong selling points for the large number of Pentax shooters who have a collection of old lenses. Further, if you are trying to target a body of users, some of whom have been debating whether to switch platforms or not, and there are many compelling reasons to make this a strong point of the presentation, or at least have one Ambassador show these aspects at work.