Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just came here to post a thread on this very topic. Glad I’m not the only one wondering about them, and glad to hear the experiences have been positive overall. Their prices are pretty darn good so was just wondering if their stated conditions have been accurate. And they’re listing an HD 40mm but the pics show the SMC version, which makes me a little hesitant to use them, but I guess that’s an easy mistake to make for someone not in the Pentax world.

07-24-2021, 06:40 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mconwxdr Quote
I just came here to post a thread on this very topic. Glad I’m not the only one wondering about them, and glad to hear the experiences have been positive overall. Their prices are pretty darn good so was just wondering if their stated conditions have been accurate. And they’re listing an HD 40mm but the pics show the SMC version, which makes me a little hesitant to use them, but I guess that’s an easy mistake to make for someone not in the Pentax world.
Did you inform/educate them about their error in description ?
07-24-2021, 08:43 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yeah I let them know. I got excited when I saw the price of $239 since I’m looking for a good deal on a used HD 40, but was too good to be true.
07-25-2021, 06:54 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mconwxdr Quote
Yeah I let them know. I got excited when I saw the price of $239 since I’m looking for a good deal on a used HD 40, but was too good to be true.
The fungus or haze would have killed it for me; which is in their description, even if priced low.

07-28-2021, 05:24 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I buy from them but I do not sell to them.

Their offers for used equipment are too low for my taste. Works in my favour when buying because of this...

I have always had excellent service from them in the UK.
07-29-2021, 09:17 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Bought one lens from their US store, the "Excellent" rating was spot on with no real blemishes, the price was much lower than I'd have expected. Sometimes they, and other similar large used stores I buy from, have better-than-average deals, it's worth to be patient and shop around.
07-29-2021, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
I buy from them but I do not sell to them.

Their offers for used equipment are too low for my taste. Works in my favour when buying because of this...

I have always had excellent service from them in the UK.
I sent them a bunch of stuff this winter that either they were the only place I could get a quote from or their offer was significantly higher than anywhere else. There were a handful of things I sent to KEH at the same time, and I was disappointed in how they graded my gear in such a way that they paid me less than they had quoted me. Found the MPB experience much better all around.

07-29-2021, 12:58 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I bought the SMC 40 Limited. I didn't pay extra for shipping so they haven't given it to FedEx yet. Hopefully they will do so before sundown tomorrow...

Update: The package was picked up after 3:00 PM EDT and is now on a FedEX vehicle for delivery in Syracuse. FedEx can move a ground package very quickly when it doesn't go through PA...

Last edited by boriscleto; 07-30-2021 at 05:02 AM.