Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2021, 06:48 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CR Kennedy (Australia) says no Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year

Just happened to land on this article this morning, from "Inside Imaging".

'Buy Now' the mantra for 2021 - Inside Imaging

The article discusses various supply and demand issues relevant to the photographic industry. There are comments from CR Kennedy, including "‘CRK will not be participating in any BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER MONDAY sales. Our current prices are the most competitive. In addition, we are facing stock shortages across the board. Accordingly, BUY NOW at best competitive prices.

CRK prices will go up on 1 January. They are not just a Pentax/Ricoh distributor. Others in the industry also anticipate price rises in 2022.

11-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not good news at all. No carrot, all stick.

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 11-15-2021 at 08:17 PM.
11-15-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

That's a shame.
11-15-2021, 07:50 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hmm. What if there's an incentive from the manufacturer? Surely stock shortages aren't nearly as bad on older lenses/bodies.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-15-2021, 07:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Just happened to land on this article this morning, from "Inside Imaging".

'Buy Now' the mantra for 2021 - Inside Imaging

The article discusses various supply and demand issues relevant to the photographic industry. There are comments from CR Kennedy, including "‘CRK will not be participating in any BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER MONDAY sales. Our current prices are the most competitive. In addition, we are facing stock shortages across the board. Accordingly, BUY NOW at best competitive prices.

CRK prices will go up on 1 January. They are not just a Pentax/Ricoh distributor. Others in the industry also anticipate price rises in 2022.
yes , to be expected.
but their eBay online shop ( dcxpert ) keeps having specials,
just finished 15/17% off, right now 5%off till the end of NOV ,
just keep looking....
11-15-2021, 08:02 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
yes , to be expected.
but their eBay online shop ( dcxpert ) keeps having specials,
just finished 15/17% off, right now 5%off till the end of NOV ,
just keep looking....
Where are you seeing those reductions at dcxprt? I'm not seeing anything.
11-15-2021, 08:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I saw it when I looked at the Dcxprt site either late last week or over the weekend, 15% off I think up to a maximum of $300. I thought about hitting the button for a K-3iii but remembered that I'm supposed to be in a "reducing the amount of gear I've got" phase

11-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I saw it when I looked at the Dcxprt site either late last week or over the weekend, 15% off I think up to a maximum of $300. I thought about hitting the button for a K-3iii but remembered that I'm supposed to be in a "reducing the amount of gear I've got" phase
Yes dcxpert did have a big reduction going (15% to a max of $300.00) but it ended on 14/11/2021.

I finally purchased (after 2-3 yrs of umming and ahhing) the 1.4x teleconverter for $509.00 - listing at $692.00

Finding out about these things does seem to be a bit hit and miss, even though I am sure, through many purchases from both dcxpert and C R Kennedy, I am supposed to be on their e-mailing lists
11-15-2021, 09:38 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They do not advertise those , you just need to look for specials.
I was looking last week at Zeiss Batis lenses for E Sony and all have substantial discounts , not any more.
All deals are now just 5% off.
11-15-2021, 09:44 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I actually thought they may do something like this after the April release of the K-3iii and all the discount units ordered then. But. don't quote me, but maybe ebay discount is from ebay, not the seller, when I have received goods I bought from dcxpert at a discount, the invoice from CRK that arrives with it always has just the actually price no discount shown. I think maybe they will just leave the sales discounts to ebay and sell from there. I just bought from the ebay store for a friend of mine a DFA 150-450 with the 300.00 off, just under 2400aud, pretty good price indeed.

As far as they saying they have fair prices on the Ricoh and CRK sites, some things are, but some things are far above the international pricing, and there is a fair difference between them and the ebay store prices too.
11-15-2021, 10:18 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
As far as they saying they have fair prices on the Ricoh and CRK sites, some things are, but some things are far above the international pricing, and there is a fair difference between them and the ebay store prices too.
It's not unusual to see the CRK price lower than dcxpert too. Always worth checking.

It takes a while for new releases to appear on dcxpert, but I note the HD DA 16-50 is there already.
11-15-2021, 10:29 PM   #12
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
I am supposed to be on their e-mailing lists
I hear you! I never get emails from them either - and I check in my trash just in case.
11-15-2021, 10:35 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not unusual to see the CRK price lower than dcxpert too. Always worth checking.

It takes a while for new releases to appear on dcxpert, but I note the HD DA 16-50 is there already.
and they have AU$100 off this lens deal right now,
code : PLBFSS
11-17-2021, 07:27 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

dcxpert still have one Pentax HD PENTAX D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 DC AW Lens being advertised for $2699.00. And still some discounts (ebay discounts?) on lens pouches with belt loops as of today (Thursday 18th November 2 2021)
11-17-2021, 07:38 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
dcxpert still have one Pentax HD PENTAX D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 DC AW Lens being advertised for $2699.00. And still some discounts (ebay discounts?) on lens pouches with belt loops as of today (Thursday 18th November 2 2021)
It's a great price on the 150-450. A must-have lens from my viewpoint.