Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2021, 03:55 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Most learners and even experienced DSLR owners, lets add MILC owners to this, when looking through the veiwfinder, do what is commonly known as "gunsighting" most just focus their attention on the centre of the frame, and don't really take the whole composition of their subject into account, how many times have you seen head and shoulder portraits taken with the persons head in the centre of the frame with a heap of space above the subject .....
I noticed some time ago that I do this when I have the O-ME53 magnifier on the K-1. While it's great for some types of photography where I want to have higher magnification on the subject, the corners of the viewfinder are not really easy visible with glasses, so I've taken to bringing the default eyepiece rubber as well, just in case I find that I'm messing up at the corners.

Here's hoping that they can bring the eyepoint further back with the next K-1 iteration...

11-25-2021, 04:12 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Yeah, some people on youtube are good photographers, but you get the feeling a lot of them are as interested in putting out an interesting video and promoting this or that.
Could it be that if you are videoing yourself taking photos, you want your face visible so that people can see glorious you the whole time you are filming? I have heard this is a big deal in movies when they put helmets on people - like super heroes and astronauts and stuff like that. They usually CGI them on now, because a typical helmet obscures people's faces too much for them to emote on screen.
11-25-2021, 04:27 AM   #33
Lev
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Thanks for all the answers, I'm still puzzled. One guy from SLR Lounge who is a Canon shooter was shooting through the viewfinder back around 2013-2016 and now was shooting smart phone style???? Looks might unstable to me, but what do I know.....LOL.
people's shooting style may change over time but to me composing through the viewfunder is much more comfortable as it eliminates out of my sight everything around the frame.