Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2022, 11:49 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
When people count ‘holes in the Pentax system’ they exclude its wealth in Takumar lenses - in fact, they seem to exclude everything designed before around 2005. Nobody would loss much here if they couldn’t use lenses dating before 2000 - few {if any} users would know they were ‘screwed’ if you didn’t tell them so.
Ehm, easily 80% of my recent photos are taken with lenses from before 2000 (FA 43 and 77, Tamron 90/2.5). In case you aren't aware, even most FA lenses are from 2000 or earlier.

01-07-2022, 01:38 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Ehm, easily 80% of my recent photos are taken with lenses from before 2000 (FA 43 and 77, Tamron 90/2.5). In case you aren't aware, even most FA lenses are from 2000 or earlier.
I picked 2000 specifically to separate the “DA” and “DFA” lenses from the others.
I personally believe that their great K-mount history is one of Pentax’s sources of ‘wealth’ - and I do make substantial use of them myself - but those complaining of ‘holes’ in the lenses available to us seem to limit their counting to lenses labeled as “digital”.
01-07-2022, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I ran into a couple guys today in the park...

Both happy R5 shooters, both sold about $50,000 worth of gear to upgrade to the new system from 1dx's. One has had reliability issues, but for the most part happy, The one with reliability issues bought 2, but so far has needed his back up because one has usually been in for repair. Turns out these guys knew each other from high school and hadn't seen each other since. And the older guys sister was probably one of the girls I approached to be my studio model. She was in Ryerson the same time I was in Photography. She was in Theatre arts. Small world. The Theatre Arts students were always looking for free headshots.