Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #376
Damn Brit

Arrest me, arrest me. Let's just call the payouts a stimulus package for photographers.

04-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #377
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
There is still no "official" statement from Mr. Kerzic or anyone else involved about the outcome of his case. The info (regarding the "settlement" on PinaC is 2 months old and I suspect we will never know what happened. I do wish Duane the best and hope whatever he got bought lots of nice photography goodies after he finished paying his legal bills.

Mike
04-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #378
DAZ
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It has become standard practice as part of a settlement to have to sign a NDA. Breaking the NDA usually cares a penalty equal to or larger then the settlement. This practice started as just not disclosing the amount of the settlement to try and discourage other suites. Now they include about every thing including even that there is a settlement. This practice only help to cover up what is going on. It hides what those who represent us are doing or those who are hurting the public. As such the practice is contrary to the public good and in my opinion should be outlawed.

If there was not a NDA Amtrak would probably have made a statement that he had lost if only to get the press off there back. As there is no statement from Amtrak it looks like there has been a settlement and a NDA. If this is the case then what PinaC reported may be all we ever know.

As a side note Amtrak could have settled because it was cheaper then going to court and wining. Again a NDA hides the truth and hurts the public good.

DAZ
04-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #379
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I agree completely Daz... The other bad thing about these all encompassing NDAs is that it conceals "precedence." I think we can confidently say that Duane got something, but we'll never know what.

Mike