Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2023, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #46
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
They probably will cooperate at some level with labs. In Japan.

As for film if Pentax cameras generate sales and new customers for film, prices will drop. If not, then not.
So far Pentax has done collaborative events with a small individual developing shop and Kitamura Camera. Kitamura is the largest photo developing chain in Japan, with over 500 locations, including some pretty remote locations. There are also other chains, so at least in Japan, developing isnít an issue.

Film availability on the other hand is a bit more of a problem. Prices have gone up similarly to other countries. Pentax has started selling film at fair prices on their website here. But itís still quite expensive.

I donít want to romanticize this, but the cost and scarcity of the shots is part of the experience. I went on a weekend trip with just 15 shots left in a film the other day. It was interesting how different the experience was when knowing I had to ration my shots. I found myself thinking whether each shot really had enough points of interest in it to warrant taking the picture. Iím looking forward to seeing the photos.

11-29-2023, 08:34 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
So far Pentax has done collaborative events with a small individual developing shop and Kitamura Camera. Kitamura is the largest photo developing chain in Japan, with over 500 locations, including some pretty remote locations. There are also other chains, so at least in Japan, developing isnít an issue.

Film availability on the other hand is a bit more of a problem. Prices have gone up similarly to other countries. Pentax has started selling film at fair prices on their website here. But itís still quite expensive.

I donít want to romanticize this, but the cost and scarcity of the shots is part of the experience. I went on a weekend trip with just 15 shots left in a film the other day. It was interesting how different the experience was when knowing I had to ration my shots. I found myself thinking whether each shot really had enough points of interest in it to warrant taking the picture. Iím looking forward to seeing the photos.
My experience has been the opposite. I would have to look in my records to determine exactly when I loaded film into my two cameras. Each of them is near to the end, and I can hardly wait until they are finished, and I can find out how they Ďturned outí.
11-30-2023, 01:40 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do shot casually. Not like spray and pray, not rich enough, but I do not count shots. Unless I do SIC with film, where one frame = one day. But that is for fun so does not count. I will deliver today my SIC roll for developement, print and scan and cannot wait to see how many shots I missed.

Film is fun. Costly, but fun and maybe with new film cameras on market companies making film will invest into new film. I would love to see return of Kodak BW400CN or some of Fuji Pro color films. Ain't gonna happen, but I can dream a bit (like about 60-250 PLM)
11-30-2023, 07:56 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
I would love to see return of Kodak BW400CN or some of Fuji Pro color films. Ain't gonna happen, but I can dream a bit (like about 60-250 PLM)
Do they have Ilfordís ďXP2Ē where you live?
Conceptually, at least, it is like Kodakís ďBW400CNĒ

11-30-2023, 09:20 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is, I even tried it. But looks is not the same. That Kodak was really nice, silky smooth. Like, smooooooooth. It was really something else, at least for me. And ISO was in right point for use inside for quick shots of people you were chatting with. I really miss 400CN, sadly used my last roll some time ago. This film was one of reasons I kept my analog gear for so long in use before I switched to digital.