Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Anybody here using alamy?

I've been thinking of using Alamy as my one and only stock library for a while now. I want to keep things simple and the value of my shots high... does anyone have experience of them here? I'm interested in all aspects of the service from direct contact with Alamy employees and customer service to what kind of sales people are getting.

04-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Dom

I use Alamy as one of my agencies but I've only got a few images up at the moment. I don't know how much help I would be.

P.s. The images I have got up are not from a Pentax.
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So beardybrave,

Did you decide to go with Alamy? I am thinking of doing some more stock work and I am also looking for a place to put pictures. On a whim I put a photo of my dog on fotolia (which has amazingly sold twice), but the return there is not very good!

Let me know what of think of Alamy if you go with them!
06-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Dom

Allison

I am truly amazed that you managed to get a photo of your pet on Fotolia never mind sell it.

06-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dom,

I was surprised too. I submitted it on a whim because my husband and I were joking around about how good looking Otis the dog is. I said I bet he would sell, so I put his picture up. They actually accepted it and then he sold. twice. It is a really nice picture, though.

Now the Lucy the cat is jealous, so I have to try and sell her picture ;o)
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yep, I do. But I don't have anything else to add that hasn't already been said here. (Lots of photos to compete with there.)