Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Do you sell your photos online?

Hello members

Wanted to ask if anyone sold prints from photos online. I know some websites like imagekind.com or redbubble.com but don't know if a photographer can really sell his prints there or not.
Did you try them or do you know other useful resurces for selling prints after our photos online?

Thanks.

05-21-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I use SmugMug, decent gallery set-up reasonable yearly pro fees. Been using them in the Pro tier for 3 years now. Only thing I don't care for is the slowness of their servers, sometimes I have upwards of 3000 MX photos to upload and it takes all week to get them in place...
05-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I was with smugmug, but found it too cumbersome to add new galleries, and I wasn't happy with the print quality (at the time they ignored your color settings and used their own).

Switched to Zenfolio | hosting service for photo galleries | a place to learn and enjoy photography last year and am pretty happy with it. Not quite as much look and feel customization available, but setting up new galleries is a breeze and I never have to write CSS & javascript the way Smugmug seemed to require.

Zen also give multiple fulfillment shops for printing or the option to do your own order fulfillment (meaning you do your own printing to fill orders.)

I found Photo hosting. Sell photos. Photography websites. | PhotoShelter recently and would probably go with them if I were launching now. They seem best set up to sell stock directly from your own site. They have a Webinar to demonstrate setup and features.

At the very least, you should look on photoshelter's site for a report with survey results discussing what photo buyers like & dis-like about photo sites. Very helpful in deciding on your website design.

regards,
-t