Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

some help on managing a tight business trip schedule

I live in St. Louis

I am trying to book a meeting with a bride who will marry in New York on Sept 5. I KNOW I can have sept 6 in the bucket from a local client.

I think if neither of them have their wedding schedules set in stone, I can convince the New York wedding to finish early, and I am pretty sure I can convince sept6 St. Louis wedding to start later...

So:
I fly to New York, shoot their wedding, fly back, download, change batteries, sleep in a bit, then hit the local wedding.

Sounds like hard work, which I am willing to do, but if you have travel experience in business, can you critique my plan?

Thanks.

Mitch

06-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well if anyone is researching, i'll just answer it myself because I have come to a conclusion:

with probable delays and possible gear/luggage losses added to the stress of such a tight schedule, I have decided against it.

I have instead decided to promote my second shooter who is almost ready, and send him on the wedding. Then I'll stop back in to check in on the wedding when I get back from New York...

eh?
06-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Sounds like you made the wise decision to me.
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
Sounds like you made the wise decision to me.
I'll second that. Your original plan was too reliant on outside influences (weather, flight delays, etc) beyond your control. Of course, none of that would matter to the bride whose wedding you missed.