Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #31
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
It's kind of stupid. How can you do any business if you can't have a business license. It looks like a lot of a$$ h*le are in a situation where they have more power than brain.
Because in this county it's all about taxes. If you don't make a certain amount they can't tax you. So in their mind what is the pointo of being licensed if it's for a non-taxable amount. Well I haven't make that minimun taxable amount because I'm trying to get established to get government assignments but need the licence and more to do so. But I haven't made the taxable amount yet so they don't want to issue it. If I were operating a store-front operation it would be different.

I know it doesn't make sense. It's totally stupid. I also had to get zoning approval to use my computer in my house for processing images and crap. Again, another fee. That was two hours out of my day. So for the license I have to go down and spend some more quality time at the county offices trying to convince them to issue this. I just haven't gotten myself properly psyched up to do so.

10-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Don't they realize you'll never be able to reach the minimum without a business license? Some people seem to have a doorknob instead of a brain. They want to collect taxes, but they put you in a situation where you can't even reach a taxable income. Their lights might be on, but I don't think there is anybody home.
10-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #33
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah I know. I deal with it all the time. This is the same county government that is my other employer (by other I mean other than self). I get the overwhelming joy of working for them too. Yay.