Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am just upgrading/updating my website (the new one goes live tomorrow) from one I developed in iweb and hosted through Apple's MobleMe to a website with flash that I got from BluDomain. The new site will be hosted through BluDomain. I got my domain name through godaddy, and they include email.

The new site has the option for shopping cart features, so I could do my own online proofing, but I don't want to mess with credit cards. I use instaproofs for my proofing site. Instaproofs lets me do my own order fulfillment (I use WHCC). I can choose to add whatever products I want and they only display the products I want them to display. Instaproofs does not charge a yearly or monthly fee. They also do not charge a per event fee, instead they take a 15% commission from each sale. My website is linked to my personal proofing storefront and the proofing storefront also has a link back to my website.

I know there are a lot of options out there, but when I was first starting many of the proofing sites were just to expensive. With many of the other places charging a yearly fee and a commission, instaproofs was priced right. Plus, it was pretty easy to set up.

12-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #17
Forum Member

Printroom.com???

Does anyone have any experience with Printroom.com?
Thanks
Mark
12-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you for the information WMBP.
12-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Allison Quote
I use instaproofs for my proofing site. Instaproofs lets me do my own order fulfillment (I use WHCC). I can choose to add whatever products I want and they only display the products I want them to display. Instaproofs does not charge a yearly or monthly fee. They also do not charge a per event fee, instead they take a 15% commission from each sale. My website is linked to my personal proofing storefront and the proofing storefront also has a link back to my website.

I know there are a lot of options out there, but when I was first starting many of the proofing sites were just to expensive. With many of the other places charging a yearly fee and a commission, instaproofs was priced right. Plus, it was pretty easy to set up.
HI Allison, We too host our own site and do online proofing and order submission via our own gallery (Menalto Gallery2), then fulfillment via WHCC. All of that works great, but because we do very little with credit cards, we are somewhat forced to do PayPal for Credit Card transactions. It works OK overall, but it's a lot of work to go through the multiple processes.

We're definitely going to look at Instaproofs as a solution. I see they pay out every two weeks, which is twice as fast as many others... I'm spending some time on their site tonight. Thanks!