Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I couldn't help myself, I sent an email. "Jennifer" is waiting for a response on her wedding plans.

01-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I did too, but I was less subtle than you Peter...
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Wasnt there a similar ad in craigslist before that ended with a note from the poster saying that you shouldnt trust ads like this, and a link to his real photography website?

I'm not 100% sure this is a serious ad... I think it's something pulled by real wedding photogs
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #19

Yes, this is an example of satire. It must be.

Chris

01-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #20
Inactive Account

'Must be employed by the Mission Inn (too good to be true discount on top of a...too good to be true discount, and its their listed location!). Funny stuff.'

I rather doubt if the person is connected with the Mission Inn (Riverside). It is a historic, very rather place. Functions there, though its been some years, are fairly expensive as I recall. I was envolved with one corporate event and stayed there twice. A very pretty unique facility. It has been a movie and commercial location many times.

Mission Inn Hotel - Riverside California

He could be refering to a Mission Motel, there seems to be a few out that way off old Route 66 that rent by the hour. WTH do you want from Craigslist anyway?
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Sad thing is, I'm sure he will have got some customers.
I'm sure that they will be of the same general intelligence level of that photographer.
01-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I couldn't help myself, I sent an email. "Jennifer" is waiting for a response on her wedding plans.
Oh thats great Peter... LOL

01-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
I'm sure that they will be of the same general intelligence level of that photographer.

We have a family friend who is pestering me to shoot her wedding. I told her to look for some photographers and send me links to their websites and I would vet them for her.
Her problem is, she is seeing prices in the region of $4000 but she had budgeted for $2000 and she can't get it round her head what the correct priority should be so she keeps asking me to relent.
People do get married without the money for a photographer, if they see an ad for $200 they might jump on it out of desperation.
01-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
We have a family friend who is pestering me to shoot her wedding. I told her to look for some photographers and send me links to their websites and I would vet them for her.
Her problem is, she is seeing prices in the region of $4000 but she had budgeted for $2000 and she can't get it round her head what the correct priority should be so she keeps asking me to relent.
People do get married without the money for a photographer, if they see an ad for $200 they might jump on it out of desperation.
I agree, many times young couples get married on a shoe string and can't afford much. However, they don't reduce their expectations to suit their budget. "Budget" what is that? They have a Champaign taste with a Beer budget". But that is typical of youth, isn't it?

44 years ago my wife and I got married and the practice then was to go to the photographers studio and have a couple of b/w photos taken (we had a low budget, hardly anything), but now the kids have gotten so accustomed to having everything they want given to them by their parents that they think that they should have everything, without pain. Oops, that doesn't happen. now what? Can they get their head around lower expectations? Maybe fewer photos? They don't think of the photographers time.

I went to my wife's niece's wedding a few years ago and took some pictures as a family member, They had hired a professional photographer, (who's way I stayed out of). But I took some shots that I liked. I printed out a few photos for them and those were the ones that they framed and hung. I don't think they purchased any from the pro that they had hired.

I felt bad for the pro, I hope they charged enough for their time, but mine were the ones that they hung. I know that their budget was an issue.
01-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
I agree, many times young couples get married on a shoe string and can't afford much. However, they don't reduce their expectations to suit their budget. "Budget" what is that? They have a Champaign taste with a Beer budget". But that is typical of youth, isn't it?

44 years ago my wife and I got married and the practice then was to go to the photographers studio and have a couple of b/w photos taken (we had a low budget, hardly anything), but now the kids have gotten so accustomed to having everything they want given to them by their parents that they think that they should have everything, without pain. Oops, that doesn't happen. now what? Can they get their head around lower expectations? Maybe fewer photos? They don't think of the photographers time.

I went to my wife's niece's wedding a few years ago and took some pictures as a family member, They had hired a professional photographer, (who's way I stayed out of). But I took some shots that I liked. I printed out a few photos for them and those were the ones that they framed and hung. I don't think they purchased any from the pro that they had hired.

I felt bad for the pro, I hope they charged enough for their time, but mine were the ones that they hung. I know that their budget was an issue.

And you will be blessed for doing that!
01-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Someone POST this add on a NIKON PRO photog forum or to Ken Rockwell.. That Nikon D3000 must be one hell of a camera (:
01-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Ocker Weeding Fotos- She'll be right, mate!

Aw, you guys are a bunch of knockers. Stop worrying... It will turn out all right... Let ya hair down... Enjoy yaself.

Weeding fotos? Don't take things so siriusly. It's not like ya only gunna do it once in ya life! Ha ha ha.

Siriusly, that's what ya've got mates for. Get a few mates to send ya their snaps & mobile phone shots of the weeding. What's wrong with pro-fessional fotos? I'll tell ya, they're too sober... sorry, somber. Because ya mates have the same outlook as ya good self, they'll capture the real party spirit of the event. How many empty beer cans can ya stack at the reception without fallin' over or throwin' up? What a hoot! Ah, the memories come floodin' back... I'm gettin' all teary-eyed...

And if one of ya mates recently bought 'imself a DSLR, ya've got the arty-farty stuff covered too.

What more could ya ask for? Well, to make it perfect, how about a sheila jumpin' out of the cake?

Dan the man.

Last edited by dosdan; 01-09-2010 at 11:50 PM.
01-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #28
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
Someone POST this add on a NIKON PRO photog forum or to Ken Rockwell.. That Nikon D3000 must be one hell of a camera (:
The D3000 is 1000 times more the camera than the D3.
01-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #29
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm no wedding shooter, but I did shoot at the wedding of my Daytime Girlfriend when she got married last year. I only agreed to do it for free and not as the Main Shooter. I guess I got lucky with the K20D and DA*50-135....the Canon guy missed this shot completely.....two blurred and one with eyes closed. It is my shot that they wanted in print, so I felt pretty good, but not like a Pro.......I'm just an old Squirrel shooter, and proud of it! I would give that Brain Surgery a shot if any of my right wing friends here would volunteer?

Goodbye Daytime Girlfriend!
01-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rupert.....ypu are obviously better lookin than the groom......you should have snatched her up for yo self.

Great shot Squirrel Man!