Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #46
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Get divorced and I'll do the second go around at a discount. I figure it's good business since I could get 2 wedddings out of it (one for each former spouse) and if they are really crappy partners it could be a lifetime of work!
Who says there cannot be repeat customers in wedding photography?

01-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #47
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Devil's advocate...
The reality of marriage may be glum today, but people don't get married with divorce in mind. Each wedding is valued highly - kind of like children within a family.

This fellow couldn't be trusted even at a mock 10th marriage...
Well, I have a few buddies that might argue with you on this one....."Each wedding is valued highly"....Maybe a "High Value" would be better fitting, as in "I lost all my stuff!"
Regards!

BTW-This is in no regard inferring that Mrs Rupert would ever be that cold hearted type. And if she was.....I would give everything without a whimper.......and apologize for even considering my own needs.

Last edited by Rupert; 01-10-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Covering my butt!
01-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #48
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
BTW-This is in no regard inferring that Mrs Rupert would ever be that cold hearted type. And if she was.....I would give everything without a whimper.......and apologize for even considering my own needs.
Sweet-talker...
01-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Sweet-talker...
That is how you do it Ash and you know this!

01-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #50
Veteran Member

The Obama message, "yes, you can" is powerful.
01-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #51
Veteran Member

If you noticed, I did edit that post........in the fine print you can see why. You never know who may be lurking around.....I would sure miss my camera gear!
Regards!
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
The Obama message, "yes, you can" is powerful.
Where did that come from? Yes, it is a powerful message....... not all that sure that it is much more than lip service to the masses, but I fell for it. I may not be nearly as smart as I thought I was......I'll give him a chance...but the ice is getting mighty thin in Washington.......and all across America.
Regards!

01-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If you noticed, I did edit that post........in the fine print you can see why. You never know who may be lurking around.....I would sure miss my camera gear!
Regards!
Yea Rupert.....LOL!!!!!!.....I know all about that too!!!!
01-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
With all the traffic I see about wedding photography and folks getting into the business (together with the high divorce rates and multiple marriages) I have to question the premise of weddings being a once-in-a-lifetime event anymore. I believe we can throw that notion away.
I agree with you Mike, which is why I no longer shoot weddings, I now specialize in shooting Divorces instead.
They're always happier afterwords, and I get just as many repeat customers as Peter does.
The best part is I've cornered the market over here, so I can charge whatever I want

If you really think about it, everyone pays far more to get divorced than married. Why should the Lawyers be the only ones capitalizing in on them