Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unbelievable Wedding Photography Ad

Another user on Model Mayhem pointed out the following advertisement for Wedding Photography services out near Los Angeles and I just could not resist sharing it here. Totally amazing... LOL

Best Price Wedding Photography

QuoteQuote:
I've just got a brand new camera for Christmas. I really want to get into the wedding photography business because I see so many people are getting married and it looks like easy money.

I have so much passion for being a pro wedding photographer! All my friends and family tell me I take great pictures and should do it for money. I have some pictures up on my Myspace page I've taken so you can see how good I am. I even have a few pics of my brothers new girlfriend in front of the Castle at Disneyland which turned out really great!

I'm using the best equipment possible. A Nikon D3000 with a built in flash along with a 18-55 lens.

Please trust me to do your wedding. I'll do it cheap, half off, just to build up my portfolio.

I will only charge you $250. This is a deal. Other photographers charge $3000 and more.

I really want to do a wedding at the Mission Inn. If your wedding is there I'll take $100 off and do your wedding for only $150.

If your pictures don't turn out, I'll return your money. It is NO RISK TO YOU!

I own a Nikon camera therefore I can take photos like the pros, who charge a lot more.

I'll keep it cheap, just for you!

I'm the one to trust with your most treasured memories.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

01-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

For the Original Poster of this Ad:

I've been wanting to break into the Cranial Repair business for a long time...those guys make a fortune! I got a new Milwaukee Sawzall for Christmas and some very nice snap off blade box cutters...needle nose pliers too! I'll do you cheap, much cheaper than those fancy pants Brain Surgeons with all that inferior equipment. It is quite obvious that you need my services, so can we set an appointment? If you are unhappy with the results, I'll gladly give you a refund....after all, a brain is just like a wedding...you can always do it over again.......right?
Regards!
01-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow, that is some great ambition there (unfortunately misplaced, blind, etc etc).

Must be employed by the Mission Inn (too good to be true discount on top of a...too good to be true discount, and its their listed location!). Funny stuff.
01-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

I've been wanting to break into the Cranial Repair business for a long time...those guys make a fortune! I got a new Milwaukee Sawzall for Christmas and some very nice snap off blade box cutters...needle nose pliers too! I'll do you cheap, much cheaper than those fancy pants Brain Surgeons with all that inferior equipment. It is quite obvious that you need my services, so can we set an appointment? If you are unhappy with the results, I'll gladly give you a refund....after all, a brain is just like a wedding...you can always do it over again.......right?
Regards!
THAT CRACKED ME UP!!! Perfect!!

Mike, my jaw dropped...... what more can I say.

01-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is this guy for real? He even has the clout to openly admit he's diving in it for easy money.

A D3000 with built in flash and kit lens is such a surprisingly pro setup, I wish him all the best.

"Please trust me to do your wedding" - I trust him to make a fool of himself...

"If your pictures don't turn out..." - both the couple taking him on and he himself are already fools...

I'd like to see this guy taken out... :ugh:
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Regards!
Clients won't be alive to receive their refunds though.
It'd barely cover the funeral costs the family have to bear...
01-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Regards!
I could not have said it better myself Rupert!!!!!LOL!!!!!

01-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Just hold the wedding over and get a "real photographer" to do it. That's no risk right? Weddings only come once and cost upwards of $20,000 plus all the guests hotel, food and travel expenses.

QuoteQuote:
If your pictures don't turn out, I'll return your money. It is NO RISK TO YOU!

I'm the one to trust with your most treasured memories.
01-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Sad thing is, I'm sure he will have got some customers.
01-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Rupert you should send him that!

That is about the worst deal I could ever imagine, you pay hime $150 for what? to NOT have any memories of your wedding?
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
Veteran Member

"Hi, I'm either going to run a scam on you or putting a big 'Kick Me Here' sign on the back of my head!!! Don't delay! Buy now!!!"

Apart from all the general insults to the photographic trade and the intelligence of the species in that ad: (this one sounds an awful lot like fly-by-night-driveway sealers to me) I say this:

Mind you, there *are* ways to do the lowball market sincerely, but looking for bargain-hunters who will of course expect the world for nothing and blame you for everything ... is *not the way.*

I'd do some weddings when I was younger for a nominal flat fee, (usually a couple-few hundred in 80's dollars) and film, processing, and proofing up front... Fee payable on delivery of said. This also would constitute a *favor* between whoever put me up to it and whoever was paying it. It was a way to make a few bucks when I just couldn't support a better business model, usually for people who'd overspent on place-mats and were in a bind.

They tended to be unappreciative of exactly how much, "You get the negatives. Forever" was worth, though. (I didn't actually want em, as useful as they might be now. I had plans to vape, anyway, and the karma of that wouldn't be worth the margin on a few 11x14s)

One thing about it: Even people who will nickel-and-dime you like another twenty bucks will *crucify their children* are liable to treat you like you are worth no more than what ever denomination of bill they could nickel-and-dime you down to even talking about once they get dressed up. (And, yes, I did good work for the lot of them. I just *couldn't get paid* like some take for granted. )

I'm not saying I'll never do weddings again, but outside certain communities where we're accustomed to bartering and making do... Not till I can put together a package.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-09-2010 at 02:18 PM.
01-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #12
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Sad thing is, I'm sure he will have got some customers.
...who wouldn't have planned to hire a wedding photographer in the first place, and so don't value a permanent momento from their 'big day' anyway.

Or are just absolute idiots who believe this guy can do a memorable job for them.
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
...who wouldn't have planned to hire a wedding photographer in the first place, and so don't value a permanent momento from their 'big day' anyway.

Or are just absolute idiots who believe this guy can do a memorable job for them.
Hey, it's one of those jobs where, if you're doing it right, it looks easy.

Someone might believe it, is all. Stick a brand name on it and be like 'Now I is teh photog! '

(This relates to what I've said in another thread or two how just maybe 'We appeal to the poser crowd!' isn't the best medium-term strategy for Nikon. Or anyone. )
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I want to see his/her awesome pictures on his/her myspace page
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
I want to see his/her awesome pictures on his/her myspace page
If anybody could get ahold of it, I'd love to see how great it is too